Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
I have asked for your hotel to be added to our reviews so hopefully someone can help with a review. For info on Singapore have a look at the Far East forum and their hotel reviews which you can access from the top of the forum. If you post there you will get a lot of help!
Hi Pauline

We have not stayed at the Hyde park inn but it is a 4 star hotel in a good location over looking Hyde Park it is just south of the main city square you could catch the airport train and get off at the Museum station and it would be a short walk to your hotel
To get to the city square you could walk 2 blocks west of your hotel and catch the Mono rail in Pitt Street and would take into the city the hotel does have a web site and gives a little info
Http://www.hydeparkinn.com.au
If I can help you any more just ask and I will try and help have a good time down under.
Hi, Thanks for the advice - it sounds pretty close to everything. I can't wait to go!
Pauline
Edit: see my post further down
  • Edited by frostw 2007-05-28 01:13:02
Thanks for those Warren - will be back later when we have more time - really enjoyed the pictures. Brought back some good memories - we did the night climb March 03 and are hoping to do it again in August this year - if the weather is ok. You have one of the best views in the world - can't imagine what it is like in your apartment on New Years Eve. :D
Great pictures Warren. They also bring back memories. I'll check them everyday.
Thanks
Welcome to HT Warren- great views from your apartment! Nice to have someone local who can help with queries!
Hi,

Please be aware that I now have a new domain, and the webcam is now located at

http://www.sydney-webcam.com/webcam.php

The old link will stop working next week.

Warren
Can anyone recommend budget-mid rate hotels to book in Sydney?

Will any of them offer a discount for longer bookings?
Hi

The city hotels in Sydney are mostly fairly dear one that we have stayed is an accor hotel 382 Pitt street you can get it for around $129.00 Aus
it is in the edge of the city square you can look up the web site
http://www.accorhotels.com.au
look up the hot deals under each hotel on the site ther are other hotels out a bit that are cheaper but it will cost you to get into the city the area to keep away from is Kings Cross.

** Edit to fix broken link. luci HT Mod **
Thanks - I'll take a look.. :D
Hi Chubby
Is this the one you stayed at?
Hi Fiona

The hotel Ibis we stayed in was Hotel Ibis World Square 382 Pitt Street the one you have is just out of the city square on the other side of Cockly bay we have never stayed there
Another hotel in the accor chain we stayed at last month was the Menzies Hotel 14 Carrington Street it was easy to get to from the airport just get the train from the air port get off at one of the stations in the city and cross the street and you are at the hotel door.
Found it! Thanks.
I have asked for all the hotels you have recommended to be added to our reviews page. If you have the time it would be great if you could add brief reviews. :D
Thanks for the recommendation ..
Anthony Osude
Hi everyone
Lots of you gave some great tips for our trip to oz last year, well we're going again in January 2007. We have already bought our tickets and will be arriving in Sydney on the 26th. I have just realised it will be Australia Day and was curious as to how much of Sydney closes down i.e taxis trains etc, and what to expect.

:)
Hi Ina

Australia day this year is on a Friday so it will be a long weekend there will be a lot of sporting things on and some of the stores will be closed but taxies and trains will be much the same as always.What parts of Aus are you going to this time
Hello Chubby
Thanks for that. This year we're staying with friends in Campbeltown for a week or so before we go to Adelaide for 3 days, we are then booked to go on the Ghan to Alice for a few days then back to our friends before we go home via Hong Kong.

PS As it's Australia Day it has crossed my mind to stay (jet lag willing) the night in Sydney i presume there will be the fireworks over the bridge?

ina
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.