Australia, New Zealand and South Pacific

Discussions regarding holidays in Australia, New Zealand and the South Pacific region.
Enjoy it. Darling Harbour and the Maritime Museum, trips round the ships there, the ferry up to Manley from Central Harbour getting off where you want to have a look round.
I don't know what the fare is now, but it was reasonable for a day trip ticket.

With the pound down against the €uro, it's up against the A$. I wish I'd bought £1000 poundsworth when it was $2.60 to the £. Down to $2.25 now, but still up on what we got last year.
Now at $2 to the £1! I guess Australia (and the rest of the world) is getting more expensive by the day at the moment. :(
You can always waste away a day on Bondi Beach soaking up the atmosphere, take a packed lunch, many people do!

Botanical Gardens are lovely to explore.

Best thing I can suggest is that you head to the Tourist Information Centre in The Rocks first of all and they'll sort you right out - they were brilliant when we were there for a week. We stumbled upon the place by mistake and it was the best find we had! Don't just pick up leaflets, speak to the guys, they're brilliant!

Sydney Visitor Centre, 106 George Street, The Rocks
Tel. (612) 9240 8788

Hope this helps - enjoy! I'm very jealous ;)
Lots of people have said that Bondi is a no go!! Not worth the visit and to take the boat to Manly??
I don't think Bondi is a no go, and if you have the time in Sydney then both beaches are unmissable but I seem to remember you saying you were short of time on another post? If I have confused you with someone else my apologies.

We went to both. It was off season, it was cool and Manly just seemed to be a little nicer. However, Bondi is one of, if not the most famous beach in the world and certainly it would always be on my itinerary if time allowed.
There are a lot of nice restaurants on the front at Bondi and well woth the visit but to me Manly was better and h-i-d can do some retail therapy on the way to the beach from the ferry.

;)
Don't forget the fish market a little walk behind Darling Harbour.
Lots of restaurants in there but you don't have to eat but just a look round and sit on the pontoon overlooking the sea watching the world go by.
I love looking in the shops in Chinatown and Paddys market - infact shops anywhere.
I forgot to mention the Monorail around the city which stops at Darling Harbour and does a full circuit.
HI
There is the monorail as parky45 has said and the look out on top off the Centre point tower it is a little bit expencive but you do see all the city
To just walk around the arcades and shops
The best I think is the ferry to Manly you can walk to the beach and on the ferry ride you get to see the harbour and all the city sites as well
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.