Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
The resort isn't anyway like Laganas, yet. There are some hotels who are now catering for 18-30's but we've never been bothered by them.
They tend to stick to the sea front bars and clubs so I don't think have any worries.
As for bars, I would wait until the first of this years travellers go in April/May as these can change year to year. You'll find a good few with entertainment on, parrot shows, magicians, bands and as you are very central you won't even have to go far. Also worth a mention is the Fat Cat, situated beside the Globus Hotel on the sea front as they do family entertainment.

:sun2 Toonman
McFester

Sunny Beach is definately attracting more 18-30 age group obviously because it is such good value. We did see many groups of youngsters when we last visited Sunny Beach but they were on pub crawls and just having a good time. It is still a family resort
with something for all age groups. Our 2 granddaughters age 10 and 13 have been lots of times to Bulgaria and really enjoy it.
I am sure you will all have a great time!

We stayed right next to the Kuban too and as you say it is right in the midst of things.

One of the places we visited called Juzhni Noshti (not sure about the spelling) had a kids show (clowns, magician, gymnasts, fire eater etc) before the main show started. Your kids might enjoy that. Probably best to take a taxi from the Kuban but its not far.
When we went to the show we stayed in the Iglika and it was within walking distance for us - approx 15 minutes.
One of the places we visited called Juzhni Noshti (not sure about the spelling) had a kids show (clowns, magician, gymnasts, fire eater etc) before the main show started. Your kids might enjoy that. Probably best to take a taxi from the Kuban but its not far.
When we went to the show we stayed in the Iglika and it was within walking distance for us - approx 15 minutes.

Южни нощи (transliterates as Yuzhni Noshti/Juzhni Noshti) is near Hotel Arda on the main road through the resort towards Nesebar, if my translation of Bulgarian is correct after lack of practice over the winter.

Baldur
Baldur - Thanks. We did walk from Iglika along as far as the Arda Hotel and then cut along the side of it. Just after that I remember crossing a main road. I can distinctly remember the Arda as someone from back home recognised us when we were approaching and waved from a 5th floor balcony!
Hi again morh,

Just found Yuzhni Noshti on the Sunny Beach 3D Map - it's shown as being immediately opposite the Arda on the other side of the main road. My Bulgarian can't be quite as rusty as I thought.

Baldur
Baldur - Well done, thats the place. This will be most helpful to McFester if he decides to give it a try. Thanks again for your help.
:wave: hi toonman and mc faster
you guys seem to know a lot about bulgaria so can i ask advice please. i own apartment out there and have been going there the last 2 years. i have 3 kids age 17 15 and 13 and would like to know what is advailable for them in SB as i find they dont really advertise events very well. we love Fat Cats and go there when we go over and have been to all the water parks, crazy golf ect...so could you reccommend anything else??
many thanks
tina
Thanks for the info Baldur. I found Arla on the map but not Yuzhni Noshti. do I have to select something on the map to show resturants and things? Morp, thanks also for this great suggestion. :tup

Tina, I am new to Bulgaria, so I am hoping your responses will help us too for our eldest. :cheers
hi mcfester, sorry about that..i get confused with the names i think i ment baldur. hopefully we will get some replys!!!
tina
Mcfester

If you find Hotel Arda on the map, cross over the main road behind it. You will see on the map a little low building with a red roof. Thats Juzhni Noshti.

In the evening if you are just strolling along you will find places that you would like to sit with the kids. I am sure the 12 year old
would enjoy the bungee jumps, trampolines, dodgems etc.
Hi mcfester,
I found Arla on the map but not Yuzhni Noshti. do I have to select something on the map to show resturants and things?

Just type or copy/paste 'Yuzhni Noshti' into the search box at the bottom right of the 3D Map page (to which I linked above) then click 'search' and a yellow pop-up titled 'Search result' will appear, bearing the name 'YUZHNI NOSHTI' - click the name and it will reveal Yishni Noshti circled in red.

@ tina reilly,

I know Bulgaria pretty well, but not Sunny Beach, which I tend to avoid like the plague, along with most of the other large holiday resorts.

Baldur
I think you will find that Juzhni Noshti has moved from its previuos location, opposite the Arda. That area now is all new apartment blocks. This restaurant is now in the northern part of the resort, right on the beach, just beyond The Helena Resort. It is situated where the Dolphin or Delfin used to be. There is a nightly show at 9.30ish.
Been a lot over the last few years. Had our grandson , under 2 with us, and assorted nieces and nephews. Never found any problems. As usual I'll say go to Djannys.....best restaurant in SB. Out the Kuban, turn left (away from the sea) cross the main road at the lights{which do work} and Djannys is less than 100 yards up the street past the market stalls. Good food, great prices, nice place.

Use the buses, try going up to St Vlas in the evening, only costs 1 lev. The square is quieter than SB but has good places to eat and drink.

Nessebar might be a bit too busy for kids.

If you are out late go into Tonys Karaoke, its only 2 minutes from Kuban. Head down towrds the beach, turn right past the Viking nightclub, keep going , just a few yards and youll see the Forest Hut and Tonys with a sign asking " Who the F@@@ is Alice".
Dont be put off, they love kids in there as well. The walls are covered in photos of families who keep going back.

Enjoy yourself.

The Jushni noshti place is now at the end of SB towards Vlas. You can walk all the way along the front, maybe 30/35 minutes, but wouldnt try walking along the main road with kids. The pavements go missing a few times. You can take the bus though.
Justjoe

I am wondering if Juzhni Noshti is anywhere near Victoria Palace Hotel? Didnt realise it had moved! Wonder if you could give some more info on the location please.

Have visited St Vlas. YES it is certainly much more relaxing than being in the midst of Sunny Beach.
Justjoe
Sorry I have just noticed post from HMJ giving details of new location. Now have a good idea where it is. Thanks.
Hi morh,

If you search for 'delfin' on the 3D Map, to which I linked above, you will see that it's now pretty close to the Victoria Palace.

Baldur
Thanks again Baldur for the info. It sounds as though its a complete new build.

Sure McFester will see this update and go to this side of the resort instead of the Arda side. I think I read he is staying at the Yavor Palace so it will be within walking distance.

Misinformed a friend of mine staying in the Tiara Beach and recommended Juzhni Noshti saying it is only minutes away from there! OOPS! Thats why I really like this forum. Help and advice given is excellent.

Regards.
Hi Morph
No this is not a new build, it is the same building as housed the Delfin (Dolphin) previously. It is beyond the Victoria Palace , right at the end of the beach road. The restaurant is open every evening with the show 9.30pm ish. It is possible to go just for a drink and the show. Last year a large beer was 3lev.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.