Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
Well done,Tracey!!!

You can take all the things you've mentioned,we usually take biscuits etc for our son and have never had a problem with it.T.
Well done on your loss, I bet you feel so much better.

I try to stick to healthy living in Turkey too, and I usually buy eggs/salad/fruit to have at lunchtimes. Then the evening meals I just eat the meat and veg.

Dont know about yogurts though, I have never bought them before, but I would imagine they will sell some sort of low fat yogurts.
You can take cereal bars, ryvita etc no problem. You will also be able to find low fat yogurt quite easily, I'm not sre what makes they do but there is quite a selection. They also have a range of low calorie foods and snack in the supermarkets, I think it is called Form but I'm not 100% sure as I naver actually bought it, I just remember seeing it.

Eating healthily is actually very easy in Turkey, all that grilled meat and fish, lots of salads and vegatable dishes etc, just don't eat too much bread ;) and ask them for no chips or rice, if it is on your plate is is tempting to eat it.

Swimming is the Best excercise you can do.

Make sure you allow yourself the odd treat though, you are on holiday!
You won't have a problem with healthy eating. There are many stalls around selling fresh fruit and veg. In the supermarkets you can get low fat spreads and yogurts. I haven't seen the cereal bars, Turks generally don't have cereals for breakfast. You'll find packets of cereal in the supermarkets but I have found them to be pricey. You can get skimmed long life milk. Many restaurants will go out of their way to serve what you want. Go easy on the mezes as they are often packed with olive oil (brilliant for you - but in moderation) and creamy yogurt. I usually come back a few pounds lighter after going there especially in the heat when I lose my appetite. Also with no car I walk a lot every day and of course swim. Have a wonderful holiday.
I have also lost a lot of weight this year with Slimming World.

I don't plan on being too careful on my hol's in September!

I am hoping I don't put on more than half a stone in the fortnight, but it won't bother me too much if I do :que
I'll just go straight back to the Slimming World plan when I return home.

However, I love salads, and fish, so I will try and incorporate these in my diet.

I think my downfall will be booze.

I've not had a drink in months, and I'm looking forward to sipping cocktails on a sunny terrace :sun2

I certainly won't be carting Hi-Fi bars and Scan-bran on holiday with me.

I also came home lighter the last time we went to Turkey, and I've also discovered our hotel

is situated on the top of a hill. We'll walk to Hisaronu from Ovacik, and I'll probably do a few lengths

in the pool each day.

Just enjoy your hol's, and worry about the pounds when you get back. After all, you've earned a couple of weeks off surely??

Don't be intimidated by your S.W. consultant, they get paid for the pounds you lose, so will try and get you to come

home with a loss!!!

I just tell mine .......... "On yer bike, I've worked hard slimming down all year, but I'm going to enjoy my 2 weeks away" :rofl
P.S..................... I lost 8 lbs this week!!!!!............. Don't know what I did different!!!!
thank you all xx

well done pandy! i'm not gonna go to psychotic over the diet, afterall yes, i am on hols and I like you haven't had hardly any booze since January! (had the odd occasion lol!! ) so yeah think that gonna be my downfall too! am gonna do a bit more walking than i normally would so that should help and the heat helps with sweating it out of you a bit eh :rofl am also planning to try and get to walk from marmaris to icmeler - though seeing how hot it is there at the mo don't know if that'll happen!!

thank you all for the help and advise as usual xx lovely people on here! xxx
Well done on your weight loss - that's a brilliant achievement and you will feel so much better on the plane too. Do you like natural yogurt, why not try low fat natural with a chopped pear and a drizzle of honey (absolutely delicious and a diet saver for me while I was there in July). I always find it's definately the alcohol that put's the weight on me. Aim to only put on in a fortnight the amount of weight you are confident you can lose again in a fortnight from when you get home. Good luck and happy holidays. I also noticed when we were there in marmaris that there are at least a couple of sets of coin operated scales on the beachfront path (just if you're really desparate to assess the damage!!)
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.