Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
the tattoo i got done in marmaris cost about £15 but to be honest looks a mess, mind this was about five years ago.my hubby got his done too and his wasnt much better than mine,the colour was so bad he got it redone in the uk.
Hi

There is a good tattoo artist who has a shop at the poolside at Club Alize apartments. My husband went to get one there early on in our holiday and he advised him to wait until 2 days before we came home as he felt both the sun and the pool water could cause discolouration of the inks. We saw loads of people getting tattoos while we were there with no complaints, apart from one mum who went mental because he did one for her son (who was only 15) without asking for parental permission.

Hope this helps.

P
little_kez

Prices in Marmaris have gone up over the years just like every other holiday resort. I have been going to Marmaris for the last ten years and seen a massive increase. Having said that we are still of the opinion that it is reasonable given that it is a popular holiday resort. We usually have wine with our meals that puts the price way up as I find wine expensive in Turkey. I firmly believe that you still get a good deal on food. I have also found that we need to wait until the early birds (May /June) post their reports to get an accurate assessment of the prices. It is not uncommon too to see a slight drop in certain restaurants if custom is slow.

Tattoos ... been a few posts on here about these and I would say the vast majority have been positive. They are certainly cheaper than back home. Both my daughters have used the shop at Club Alize a couple of times and were happy with cost/cleanliness and overall service.

Wilson ;)
wilson,your right about prices changing, my hubbys place ended up doing 5 courses for 13 lira :really this included things like chicken fajitas etc etc so was fab!still people moaned though......... :que when my family came last year to see me n hubby in marmaris we ate out for the 2 weeks,most meals for 5 of us were about 100 lira or so :really 5 of us going out here in uk, we are a good £100.......so just shows when you do compare!yes on holiday we want value for money but come on,these people are trying to make a living too and it can still be cheaper than uk!xxx
pay extra and get it done at home. I'm having to spend alot of money on getting one covered up, and my wife is in the same boat too. You need to know that the person doing it has a good reputation. Don't think that because thay have lots of photos of tattoos on the walls that they have done them. I have had tattooist abroad approache me and ask to take a photo of some of my tattoos because "they like them".
if, im getting a tatoo i will seek out someone with a good rep

my mums just filled my head full of scary stuff though

are they clean over in turkey

its a high risk place to get aids and such, do they clean their needles???
getting a tattoo abroad has a high risk of getting hepatits C. And there is no vaccine against it either. And there are no symptoms for about the first year of having it after which you could have liver problems. Sorry but I don't mean to scare anybody but sometimes the shock treatment is the best. :really

Only found this out after I had got mine done. My wife is on a nursing course and was told it would be best to get a blood test done at the doc's.

I would urge anyone wanting a tatoo to get it done at home by someone with a good reputation.

I have quite a few, but thought since it was cheaper abroad to get another one done. Never again!! I am happy to pay more!!
my daughters boyfriend went in drunk 1 night to a marmaris tattoo shop and asked for my daughters name on his arm, well its a right mess, granted he was drunk, but they should have refused to do it, its uneven and darkness if the lettering varys on all 4 letters and its been put on his forearm any old how !!! he regrets it now as its so unsightly , but fancy doing that to someone drunk :duh :yikes
Advice on tatoo's abroad - DONT DO IT!

Do it at home where it has time to heal, go to one that is recommended, go to the tattoo parlour and talk to the artist about it. Remember a tattoo is for life!

Why sit in a chair for 2 hrs on your holidays when you can do it on a rainy day in the UK.
hi, i worked in marmaris a few years ago and had a tattoo done it was very cheap but i imagine that this will have gone up in price now. i had mum in chinese writing done, think it worked out about a tenner. it was from a guy who worked near salt and pepper bar and the beach club (not sure if these are still open). hope this helps.
:D
also forgot to say mine healed perfectly, had no problems, i actually foun they are cleaner than us back home
There is a tatoo place near long beach on the beach front. You could sit in the bar and see people in the tattoo place getting them done! I would always get one done at home, atleast you know the place is clean and meeting standards etc, assuming you go to a reptuable one here! Also I would be worried about the sun and water on it and the plane journey home on those itchy seats of Thomas Cook lol
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.