Algarve/Portugal/Madeira/Azores Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in the Algarve
Tavira 2014.
30 Posts
Merry Christmas to you & your family Dave :tup

Have a happy and healthy New Year too :tup
Up date to my last post, Glynis thanks for your Christmas and new year wishes, I hope you have had a good time this yule and have a very happy new year as well.
Right then over the holiday we booked our flight for July East Midlands Airport to Faro, and today we have sent of the deposit for a studio in Tavira. I think Mrs Holidaymaker will book the transfer later in the year along with the airport car parking.
So as you can all see our first holiday of next year is up and running.
Update, I have had a email to let me know they had the money for the studio so we are all booked now.
Well here we are again, after a bit of a scare over the new year when I got Pneumonia, Sepcis and my Kidneys gave up. 12 days in a Coma and in total a month in hospital, I am now back looking forward to our holiday we have just booked a airport transfer with Travel Republic.
Faro to Tavira return £31.00 I think this is a good price as when we have gone with them before they use a 12 seater transit and most times we are the only ones on it.
We have not booked our airport parking as not sure if we will use a taxi this year.
Also we have just booked a short weekend break in York for April hope the weather is nice by then.
Dave.
Aww Dave so sorry to hear of your illness, it must have been a very worrying time for you all. :(

Glad to hear you are up and about and raring to go on your hols. York will be lovely, we don't live too far from York so can visit easily for the day :tup

Have a brilliant, relaxing time, you & your family deserve it :kiss
Dave has started his restaurant holiday list, again we will use some of the ones we know and I have picked some new ones. So far I have nine in Tavira and one in Santa Luzia a small fishing village near Tavira.
I am also looking to find some in Vila Real St Antonio a town on the Spanish boarder that we like, it is also a very good place to get some new tea towels and table clothes. Don't think we will get the ferry to Spain this year, but will just stay in Vila Real.
Glynis if you have nothing to do next Saturday you will have to come over to York and meet me and Mrs Holidaymaker for lunch or a drink it would be so nice to meet you and yours.
Aww would love to have done so Dave but my hubby works away from home all week. He usually gets home Friday evening and then Saturday we go to do our shopping etc. it would, indeed have been nice to have met up :tup

We stayed in Cabanas a few years ago and visited Vila Real, we nicknamed it tablecloth town as it was full of them :D I see you noticed too :tup

Hope you are still feeling well x
Just over 7 weeks to go and I have just done our A P I S ready for the flight. Update on the restaurant list I now have 15 in Tavira and we are only there 14 nights, still only the one in Santa Luzia and I now have 2 for Vila Real.
We are half way down our things we need list e;g shampoo/suncream and the likes, so things are moving on.

P S not that we are counting.
You sound like me Dave, I mooch around the Internet looking at restaurant reviews & making a list :tup mind you half the time we end up finding a favourite and sticking with it and never darkening the doors of those on my list :rofl
Oh yes one definitely need to make a list of restaurants that are getting reviews or interesting places to visit, done that for a while now, a wee note pad sitting at the computer just to jot things down.

I am never sure how it used to happen, however, that little book with it's goldmine of information always seemed to end up sitting by the computer while we were in, Malta, Turkey, Greece or wherever :duh

Now I put all the info on to my iPhone / iPad, but strangely as I am walking around looking for restaurants that I have listed in my phone Mrs. Kiltie has decided where we are going and has gone in and sat down.

:think I think I smell a rat with that wee note pad never making it on holiday with us :(

Anyway Dave, I hope you have a great holiday and remember to take all that information with you and keep it safe ;)
Well hear we are again with our latest update, taxi to East Midlands Airport booked £30.00 each way not to bad, cheaper than going by car as they charge so much to park at that airport and then with petrol and the chance of some one bashing one of the doors in, best use a taxi.
We are down to 5 weeks now got the sun cream and stuff, just the wife's bit and bobs you know the stuff that fills the case and only leaves room for one pair of my shorts.
On the restaurant front it is still 15 in Tavira, 2 for Villa Real and I now have one for Ayamonte in Spain.
Our Daughter and son in law are coming out to see us on the second week of our stay and fancy the trip to Villa Real St Antonio and then on the ferry over to Spain, so have included one that looks good from the reports, they do Tapas and full meals, it is near the Marina and is called El Choco ( anybody been ? ) I also now have 5 bars on my list, there are far more there but this is just for starters.
Still not sure how to put pictures on this site so that I can show you all Tavira perhaps one day I may get how to do it.
Dave.
Now come on Dave you will have to get these pictures sorted we are all wanting to see them :tup

I refer you back a year to a previous post :D
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/forum/photos-t158091.html?hilit=upload#p1601988
Just had a look at the 25 day weather for Tavira and it is showing that on the 4th of July the day we go on holiday, it will be 81F there and in Lagos it will be 71F. This is why we have dropped it from our holiday places, and add the wind to it at night that makes it cold and not so good to eat outdoors there.

Facts taken from Holiday Weather.com
I always welcomed the breeze in Lagos. Mind you it could get a bit blowy when crossing the Marina bridge :really
I nearly lost my hat one day going over that bridge.
:rofl sorry Dave but that tickled my sense of humour :rofl
Right then, this will be the last update for this holiday till we get back and I have some thing to report on how it went. With less than a week to go Mrs Holidaymaker got the last of her stuff today, so we are all set I will get the cases out of there winter storage ( the attic ) to let them air out a bit Sunday. All the new cloths are ready to be popped in the cases along with all the sun creams, shampoo's, new tooth brush's tooth paste and all the other bits and bobs we seem to need. We have tickets, passports and money so we are all set and ready to go. I think there is Wifi in the studio so if I have a few spare minutes I will let you know how we are going Glynis.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.