Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Hi Pippa, you will find plenty at the airport, but make sure that you go to the taxi desk in arrivals and not just get one outside, Maltese taxi drivers are famous for creative accounting, whereby the taxi fares are regulated inside and you pay the office not the driver and you are then given a vouicher to give to the driver, however if you want to pre:book one let me know and I will give you some options.

Regards
Sliema2
Yes, please some options would be great!

Pippa
Hi Pippa,

No Problem. We stayed at the Coastline in March and phoned the Hotel reception from the UK just before our holiday and they booked the taxi for us. He was waiting at the airport when we arrived and he got us there no time! Cost about Lm10 which is the standard rate for this journey but you can check with the hotel at the time of booking.

You'll have a great time at the Coastline,

Trev
Thank you, we have been to the Coastline twice before so know the hotel and it's high standards.

Pippa
Hi pippa,

Looks like I was talking to the converted!

We've also been several times to the Coastline. Thought you'd know about airport taxis as an old timer there but we use them because the one thing I'm sure you agree on is that when you get to Malta the last thing you want is a grand tour of the Island dropping everybody else off!

Have a great time,

Trev
The couple of times we have been before we have been on a package so have had coach transfers included. Have to say that I much prefer diy holidays where you either get a taxi or pick up your hire car - no waiting for those stragglers to get on the coach!!

Pippa
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.