Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
I got my chitty just inside the airport exit doors and paid the driver directly. Can't remember what the charge to Arpora was but it was less than ( but shouldn't have been) the fare of R800 I was charged to return from Candolim.
There is an ATM at the airport, turn right outside the exit doors and walk 20 metres. It wouldn't take my Nationwide card last year.

You could just take the First Choice coach which will be free. It takes longer but I find it interesting to see what the other hotels look like so you know for when you book a return visit !
I am puzzled by the differing reports of who you pay for the taxi, the kiosk or the driver.
I know that I paid (with a £10 note and received change in RPS) at the kiosk and received a chitty for the driver but that was 3 years ago as now I arrange a taxi myself before leaving UK.
Is there more than one kiosk or have the operations changed?

by the way the transfer buses are rubbish!
Last time we went was March this year, and we definitely paid at the kiosk and gave the driver the chitty. Have done it that way for the last 10 years.
by the way the transfer buses are rubbish!

There are some smart new ones about now, depends which company you use I guess.
£97???!!! Do you get car and driver for the whole holiday??
the only transfer buses we have used have been first choice.
The first time was an old bus that was uncomfortable and rattly
The only other time was coming home last trip when it was a newer bus........that was dirty and smelly.
Never again!
We used the transfer bus last year for the first time in 9 years and it was perfectly comfortable. We will be using it again this year especially to go back as we return in the early hours of new years day and the traffic will be horrendous as we understand it was last year and I figure that at least if we are with the tour operator we will be safe for our flight. They said last year they had to leave earlier than they normally would have done because of the heavy traffic.
We used the return transfer coach for much the same reason, but as I say it was pretty dire.
Looked OK from the outside, like smaller version of the ones you get in European resorts.
I must admit, we used the tour operators bus to get back to the airport for the first time in years, and I did take comfort in the safety in numbers, and the fact that if anything went wrong, or the bus broke down, the rep had all the useful numbers in her phone.
Can someone please update me with the current price for a pre-paid taxi from the airport booth outside departure hall to Calangute..... :que
Many thanks.... :cheers
Any ideas on how much from the airport to Baga (near Britto's) using the pre paid booth outside....thanks Keith
Taxi from the airport to MD in Arpora was 870 Rs two weeks ago, so would probably be the same to Brittos.
Arriving early hours of the morning - does the price go up significantly after midnight (as here) from the pre paid rank?
Thanks
Fizz
Thanks dragon :tup
Was just checking in case our usual chap couldn't meet us, however, he will be there :)
Still useful info to know though so thank you again.
Fizz
Hi all, off to Goa again very soon - and looking for a few answers please.

Firstly - does anyone have any recommendations for a good taxi driver, in the Arpora / Little Baga area?

I'm looking to do a few days out by taxi, going north and south, and doing a little temple seeing near Ponda. I'd also like to spend some time wandering around Mapusa, Panjii and Margao.

So, next question, what is the current typical going daily rate for a taxi driver, hours, fuel, waiting and tips?
- I did this sort of thing way back in 2006 and it was very inexpensive then, but I guess prices are up now.
del949 wrote:
I am puzzled by the differing reports of who you pay for the taxi, the kiosk or the driver.
I know that I paid (with a £10 note and received change in RPS) at the kiosk and received a chitty for the driver but that was 3 years ago as now I arrange a taxi myself before leaving UK.
Is there more than one kiosk or have the operations changed?

There are two taxi booths at the airport the one inside the terminal you pay the driver, the booth outside is govenment controlled there is a large board with all the prices on so you can't mistake it, you pay at the booth and they give you a chit with your destination and fare on to give the driver. :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.