Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Taxi price is between 25-30 dinar each way,haggle and agree on a price,dont pay anymore than 30,certainly cheaper than a transfer bus and quicker,approx 20 min in taxi.
As Crispy says - haggle!! I actually think 30 TDN is far too high unless it is in the evening. I know going back is cheaper as you are not tired and disinclined to 'negotiate' as you are on the way out, but going back from Sousse to the airport on Sunday I asked the price and was told 20 TDN. I laughed and said 10. He countered with 15, I stuck to 10 which he finally agreed. I know I could have got it cheaper but I expect them to make a profit out of me so I was quite happy. A taxi from Sousse to PEK can cost you anything from 3 - 5 TDN so add that into your calculations - i.e. a maximum of 15/20 TDN during the day but prices go up in the evenings. On the way out I booked a transfer with Med Hotels for £2.52 - have a look at their website. They charge the same to PEK and though they don't officially go to either of those hotels you can book to the nearest (Soviva for the Kenz) and the driver will accept a tip to drop you at the one you want.
thanks for your suggestion of using med hotels for our transfer i am taking 16 women to port el kantoui next year and there prices were fantastic, i think they have gone up a bit as it is now 2.50 pp but this is still a bargain once again thankyou
My pleasure dear - it's the poor what helps the poor :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.