Tunisia Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tunisia.
Taxi transfer
5 Posts
Have you booked this holiday as DIY or was it a package . Was the price quoted a return price or just a single as that sounds rather expensive to me , who quoted that price , as i'm sure you would be able to get a cheaper taxi fare from out side the airport . As i'm no expert and will be going for the first time myself in October , we are a package holiday with transfers included , which we dont mind as you get to see other hotels, that cou8ld come in handy for a return visit . ;)
Hi Geovil

Take a look through these existing posts where our resident experts aslemma & Kevin provide some excellent information.

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=129349

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=27&t=130774

Regards
Graham
Hi,

£75 pounds does sound a lot for a one way airport transfer. The closest airport to Hammamet is Tunis. Transfer time is about an hour and the transfer from Monastir about an hour and a half. Not that much in it really so depends on where you're flying from. You can fly to Tunis from Heathrow with Tunisair and BA from Gatwick.

The one time I took a taxi to Hammamet from Tunis airport it cost around 70TND (about £30). This was 3 or 4 years ago, but I still think £75 too much. The best option seems to be booking one of the minibus / coach transfers. Don't know much about these myself, as I usually have someone picking me up, but am sure someone here can help.

A.
We've been using the Medhotels transfer service several times and am very pleased with their services.
We use them from Tunis airport to Nabeul, next to Hammamet.
As our plane arrives and departs in the middle of the night, we're always lucky enough to be the only two passengers on the minibus, so within one hour we're on our destination. Price I paid was GBP 5,04 p.p. per trip.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.