Malta and Gozo Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Malta and Gozo.
Taxi Transfers
29 Posts
where are you going and how many of you are there ???
Theres 3 of us going to qawra.
£30 is about LM18 - thats expensive, unless its return - should be more like LM8-10 for up to 4 people. LM10 is the official fare http://www.maltatransport.com/en/ptd/passengertransport/taxis/

others are cheaper (these aren't recommendations, just googled)

http://www.holiday-malta.com/resort/malta/transport/
http://www.malta-car-hire.com/airport.html
http://www.shuttledirect.com/en/php/malta_airport_transfers.php
Could it be that they're currently charging more due to all the road works? The most direct route to the airport is currently out of use so the journey is taking about 20 mins longer.
I don't think so - I think thats just the fare quoted booking through a travel agent - I pay LM8 for airport to Cirkewwa to go to Gozo - last year was LM7 - up LM1 because of higher petrol prices. The official fares from the airport are either the same as last year, or maybe LM1 more

It shouldn't take more than 5 minutes longer than normal as they are arriving during the night
Yep, I agree that it should cost you Lm10 and no more. That's all I have ever paid up to from Qwara to the airport. I last used the taxis for this journey this year in Feb. Can't imagine it's going to be any dearer now.

I'm in Malta at the moment but staying at Sliema,

Trev
I would also be looking to pay between 8Lm to 10Lm. I pay 10Lm from the airport to Mellieha.

Gozomark, appears to have a good taxi firm those prices are a bargain!
its a Gozo firm who operate in Malta - not strictly legal as the licences are either for Gozo or Malta, but they only take payment in Gozo to get round it !
We use Victoria tours in Triq il-Kurazza Qawra. opposite Bugibba bus terminal.

prop...> Victor Sammut

Had his taxi 4 times this year in March and May. We only pay 6LM from Airport to Bugibba and the same return.

He also does decent car and van rentals.

His prices may have gone up now (let you know in Nov when we return)but you can contact him on....>

Office. 2158 3423
mobile. 9949 4426
email. victoria@keyworld.net
fallan

LM6 to Bugibba - thats very good.

One thing people should be aware of is that taxi firms sometimes will put other people in the taxi - fallan, did you have that in any of your four journeys ? Anyone else find this ?
Hello Mark

Not at all. Just the 2 of us.

It may be because we have been using his services for many years.
We always make a point of visiting him when we are in Malta even if we do not book anything. He, his wife and daughter are more like friends than anything.

The cost may be more for others. I do not know but it may be worth them getting a quote.
This is the best way to do it, catch either the number 138,38, 32, 34, 35, 36 bus from Luqa to Valletta, then from Valletta catch either the 49, 58, 59, 449, or 498 to Qawra/Bugibba, it will cost each person about 40c each :lol: (providing of course that they aren't on strike). :twisted:

Sliema2
Hi Sliema2

I didn't realise so many buses went from Luqa to Valletta ! Great idea if you don't have too much luggage and its daytime
Thanks everyone , you have been a big help.
Out of interest Mark, is there a bus service from the helistrip on Ghawdex to Rabat or anywhere ?.

Sliema2

PS, we will be in Ghawdex week on friday, so if we make it in we might bump in to you in Gleneagles bar, if so its beers all round. :glynis
Hi Sliema2 - nothing as organised as a bus service I'm sorry to say. However if you are hiring a car, they should be able to meet you at the heliport. What time helicopter are you aiming to catch ?

beers in Gleneagles... always up for that !
Ciao Mark, nope not coming on the helicopter, will be on the ferry from Cirkewwa or maybe even Sa Maison, just wanted to know for info purposes only :lol: .

Sliema2
:wave hi there. I am going to sound like I don't really know what I'm talking about now, well I don't think that I do! On our last holiday in Malta I saw a sign for ferries that I hadn't seen before. I may be a little vague here but someone might know!!!
When you come out of St Pauls along the coast road towards Golden Bay etc, there is a roundabout with exits to Golden Bay and Gozo ferries, also it is signed ??????? ferries. I haven't heard of the place it said (sorry can't remember the name) Does anyone know what I'm talking about and what it means?
Hi Charliegirl

did it say Cirkewwa ? If so, thats the name of the terminal
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.