Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Thanks Fellas

How far would you say it was in metres (sorry but the wife's asking)

Also is catching the right bus simple enough? Can I pay onboard?

cheers
My guess would be 900 mtrs.
You just pay the driver.
Rodz
Rodz is not far out in his estimate in proper money just over 1/2 a mile, the bus fare 1.85€ each.

:cheers Dave.
Can somebody tell me how much the taxis are from Tenerife South to Club Olympus at Garden City? We are going at easter. Thanks Sharon
Sharon, you are on the flat from the bus stop at the shopping centre to Garden City so you could use the bus.
Most probably 400 yds that`s all.
Most probably the same distance from the bus station to Garden City but a slight uphill.
Rodz
Thanks that's really helpful. Is the bus stop at the airport or do we have to walk a bit?
The bus stop is facing you as you come out of arrivals and they run every 30 minutes.
Rodz
The bus you need for Los Cris and Las Americas at the airport is the 488 Aerobus, as stated it is literally outside the arrivals hall when you arrive in Tenerife, just look for the green Titsa bus.
If the hill to Chipeque is too much just get off the bus in Los Cris, cross the road to taxi rank and it should be 5 euro at the most to Chipeque - going back home its dead easy walking downhill to the bus station and then the bus direct to airport - we found it far less stressful than getting a taxi.
For Garden City get off outside the San Eugenio shopping centre which is the first stop after the bus station in Las Americas. For going back to the airport the bus stop for return journey is outside Verdes restaurant on opposite side of road to shopping centre.
Does anyone know if four of us with 4 suitcases and a babies buggy will fit into a taxi. I'm a bit concerned all the luggage won't fit in. I know we won't manage to get in a standard size taxi, but was wondering about the estate cars. We are staying at Golf Del Sur and wondered if anyone knows the cost from the airport. I know it's not far from the airport but to prebook it's over 60 euros. Thanks

Stella7
There are several mini buses that just hold a few people and they seem to charge the same as a taxi.
The taxi fare to PDLA or lC is 23/25 euros and Golf is half that distance so I would have thought 10/12 euros.
Rodz
We had a taxi last month from the airport to LC and there were 4 adults, 4 large suitcases (staying for a month so they were pretty full !) and 4 'trolley' cases. We all got in a normal taxi and didn't need an estate. I sat next to the driver and I had loads of room and the 3 in the back didnt seem to have a problem.

There are plenty of taxis and many are estate cars so if you are concerned just wait for one rather than pay over the top by prebooking - 60€ for 1 way sounds an awful lot to me. I'm sure you have worked out that for 60€ you can get 2 taxis, some change and travel in luxury !

Chris
how much (average)would a taxi cost to los cristianos from costa adeje,specifically laguna 1?
have never visited los cristianos.
ps if anyone knows where bentleys bar is please help!my comment got put into bars/clubs section.
hia,after years of pre booking a taxi transfer to our chosen resort,as we are only staying in El Duque,Costa Adeje,i have been advised to try just picking up a taxi from outside the airport.is there any price difference in this,and are there usually plenty on the rank outside?? thanks ;)
No difference, but don`t forget when a number of aircraft land in a short space of time there maybe a shortage of them.
We use the bus now, every half hour and 3 Euros each approx.
Don`t know where the bus stops near you though.
Rodz
A taxi to El Duque will cost you now 27 euro..... :yikes
Slightly off thread.
Rodz. You tell us about the bus. Where do we catch it at the airport?. We have a time-table, you say every thirty mins. Can you give me the bus number, we go to Los Cristianos, Sunday's from the airport. We have used the bus from El Medano to Los Cristianos, as you say 3 euros. Fed-up with the rip-off taxis. fares have ranged from 25 to 35euros to LC.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.