Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Just had a thought the 110 is the express limited stop to Santa Cruz which still goes to the airport but may not even have the two stop before Cristianos, why not look on the Titsa website, I am sure you will be able to sort it from there.
Rodz
To get the bus from the airport from Playa De Las Americas, you get bus number 111 from the bus station (it stops at bus stops as well, not an express). If you are not sure what platform just ask at the information window, they are very helpful and have great english if your spanish is a bit rusty.
It leaves you at the departure area of the airport. Going from the airport to the bus staion, you simply locate the bus stop and wait ( there are timetables of the various bus services). You can also request to stow luggage in luggage compartments in the side of the bus. Cost me 2.50 each way, very resonable and air conditioned as well.
You could save a few bob doing this then getting a taxi from the bus station ;)
How much is a taxi 1 way to Las Americas from the Airport at the moment? Do they charge the same on return? We go on Thursday :cheers
Wish we could tell you !!. As previous post inform. The cost varies to which driver you get. For a party of two, the concenus of opinion is that, from the airport to PDLA one way, the price should be between 18-23 euros.
Will be interested on your return, if you post what happened on both journeys.
Enjoy your holiday in Tenerife.

Pebble
Never had it that cheap this year. Airport to Las Americas 25 euro.
hi we will be arriving in tenerife on the eveing of 25th september has any body know of a taxi big enough for 4 adults and 2 children to las americas that is reasonal
thanks
think it will be two taxis for you, i had the same problem last year,, so i pre booked a transfer company, but the one i used has now closed down due to the so called tenerife mafia
Can anyone tell me how much for a taxi from Airport (south) to Los Gigantes please, we have looked at hiring a car but to be honest in previous trips to othe countries the car tends to spend most of its time parked up unused.

Just trying to weigh up the pros & cons.
just have a look at orangebus transfers to get a rough price. i no nothing about this company mind you. just use it for guideness for prices. as i know awhile ago at the airport there was loads of so called companys trying to get tourist straight out of the airport entrance to get there minibuses, 99% wasn't insured and this lend to a kind of war with the local airport taxis ect ect... not sure if it is like that now. very funny place tenerife. hubbys in a high security postion and he is picks up the slightest dodgy dealings where ever he goes. even when i go shopping with him, he wonders off and follows shoplifters that he has seen :rofl
how do resort hoppa fare for reliability?? we would rather book a transfer from here an relax knowing(hopefully) that it is all taken care of.
thanks,jan :cheers
""hi we will be arriving in tenerife on the eveing of 25th september has any body know of a taxi big enough for 4 adults and 2 children to las americas that is reasonal
thanks""

Two Taxis im afraid, they have nothing bigger than a mercedes estate. Law states max 4 passengers, they will not risk it. Police on motorways and at roundabout/junctions looking for overloaded vehicles, rightly so has well.

Not worth saving 25 euros, its your life.
Could anyone give a rough price for a taxi to Los Gigantes, 4 adults, Resort Hoppa want £70 each way is that about right - its out 1st visit to this area, usuing go PDLA. Thanks a mil.
Hi reading the forum i'm looking at 20-25 euros for taxi from Tenerife South to Playas Americas. Do i need to agree a price before getting in the taxi - dont want to be ripped off when we get there!
Thanks everyone.
Hi. You will pay 25 euro to Las Americas. I would definitely ask before you get in although it will be metered. We have stopped using them because of being ripped off so many times and we walk everywhere!
was wondering how much about a taxi transfer would cost between tenerife south airport and los christianos?. thanks
Hi Mattaj81,

Always a difficult question to answer ! Bank on € 20-25. Like many others we tend to use the local bus from / to the airport but if you have young ones with you and a few cases a taxi is normally the quickest option.

After leaving arrivals turn right and head for the exit where you will see the taxi queue, it maybe long and apparently disorganised but you will move along it fairly quickly - be prepared to a lightening journey to your apartment !

Chris
Hi
can anyone tell me roughly how much a taxi would cost from costa adeje to loro parque thanks
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.