Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi can anyone advise the cost of taxis to los cristianos? We are going on friday staying at los alisios and we could get the coach but it normally takes so long I think we may get a taxi each way.
Last December we paid € 21 to the airport from Calle Rodeo Los Cristianos for information the 111 bus from LC bus station is € 1.85;)
The coach 111 is every half hour, takes 20 mins to Los Cristianos, as stated 1.85pp. Greedy taxi drivers will charge what they think they can get away with. We have just been and used the coach, mad not to. Our friends used a taxi to LC, they were charged 26 euros, gave a tip as well, 28euros in all. Yes nice to have a nice car to ride in, dropped off at your door. You can hire a car for 3 days for 60euros. May as well do that and have the use of a car for 3 days.
Whatever you do decide, enjoy your holiday.
We are booked for summer 2011 and are a party of 4 adults & 1 child and would like to know if the Taxis will take 5 or if they are restricted to 4 passengers?

Thanks

Bill
Hi,

I have been given a good round trip return transfer price of 57 euros for 7 people - Tenerife South - Playa De Las Americas from a company called officialtaxitenerife.com.

Has anyone used this company previously? Are they real and safe?!

I am always a little cautious paying in advance via card online without recommendation!

Thank you for your help.

Kelly :tup
Hi all, we have booked return taxis via Bluebird transfers. The return cost to Costa Adaje is £40, seems to good to be true reading some comments here, bit worried now!
We were in tenerife in july , we allways get a taxi and normaly pay around 22 - 25 Euros, there were 6 of us so two taxis, the taxo my brother and wife were in cost 23 Euros, we pulled up behind in thew exact drop of, we looked at his meter and noticed it wasnt on, so asked how much he didnt reply and just took the 50 euro note from out of my hand and gave me 20 euros back, jumped in his cab and rove off

So that cost us 30 euros, just be warned allways make sure the meter is on and try and have the correct money
Hi

I think this highlights the point of always asking an estimated price before getting in any taxi at the airport. You can always use the second one in the queue if you are not happy with the quote.
Fivearches most taxi drivers will not quote, also you can not just go along till you get a quote you want, the taxi marshalls there have gone quite strict in the last couple of years and point you to a taxi !
Hi Tenerife2003

Well in the past I have had no problem when asking for a rough price before we get in a taxi or maybe I have been just been lucky. On the other hand I would rather use the 111 than allow them to fleece me but that's just me.

The last time I used the taxis there was a notice near where the marshals are with approx prices to many of the popular destinations.
Fivearches My point wasnt about asking for a qoute more to do with going along to the next taxi which you cant do.

There is a new sign up now with approx prices so my point is just make sure he has his meter on.
A random thought...... If you fance a good (but not cheap!) day out. You can hire taxis foe trips. Arona and Adeje both have little brochures. We often to it and you can go to out of the way places that the tours don't go. We once did a superb trip to Taganana and around the northeast peninsula. You can get to the ends of the windy little roads that buses cannot reach. Also, the personal touch is good and the driver often knows a good bit too.....

As I say, not cheap, but worth a treat.
Around Los Cristianos the taxi drivers were pretty fair and honest, taxi from the airport was about only 20 euros :cheers
how much roughly is a taxi from the airport to playa de la arena (barcelo varadero)? And can anyone recommend how to go about booking it?
Hi

If you look on http://www.officialtaxitenerife.com they give a price of 59 euros one way you can book on that site but IMHO it is just as easy if you wish to pick a taxi outside arrivals. There is a notice board with prices on to the most popular destinations near the rank but always ask for a estimate price from the driver.
Hello could anyone tell me the cost of taxi fare from the airport to Castle Harbour Apt - Los Cristanos
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.