Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
They have been told to stop doing this but are a law unto themselves.
It started off something to do with unsociable hours but basically some are rogues.
Rodz
We got a taxi (5 of us) from the airport to LC (bit dodgy as the taxi was only meant to have 4 passengers, but we just wanted to get to our apartment!) and they charged 30 euros. I did notice that the meter only said just over 20 euros when he dropped us off, but said it was 30 as there was 5 of us.

We were a bit short of cash to get a taxi back, so we jumped on the bus (bus 488 I think) and it cost us just 10 euros for all 5 of us! Was direct to the airport, didnt stop once and actually got to the airport quicker than the taxi took to bring us!

I would recommend the bus everytime!
Good on you, if everybody did this it would give them a bloody nose.
Rodz
I was hoping to get the bus, but my flight into Tenerife was delayed so arrived after the last bus, and then on the return we had a private transfer booked which didn't turn up, so had to get to the airport as quick as possible from outside our apartment. As usual, the taxi driver added 5 euro to what the meter said once we got there.

I was so sick of them ramping up the fare for no particular reason that we ended up refusing to pay, at least refusing to pay what the meter read. 7 Euros for a taxi from outside Linekers to Virginia apartments (about a minute drive) is just excessive, especially when the meter read 2.30 when we arrived. I had a similarly short journey in Manchester on my return, from Piccadilly to the coach station, and that only cost £4 in a place where they are notoriously expensive.
Could anyone tell me the approx fare from Airport (south) to Laguna Park II in PDLA please?
22/25 euros.
Bus is 1.35 euros with a bono card and 1.70 without a card.
It stops at the shopping centre in PDLA and is a 300yd walk on the flat to Lagua Park.
Rodz
Thanks for replying however I've now binned Laguna Park (after reading reviews)

I'm now going to Chipeque apertments, Los Cristianos

Anyone know how much to there?

cheers
You have done the right thing, didn`t say anything but well leave it at that.
I live 200yds from your new destination and it is a better choice but can`t comment on the individual apartments.
It might make two euros difference to the taxi fare (cheaper)
If you use the bus it will be as I stated earlier, get off at the bus station in Los Cristianos and get a taxi up to your apartment. Should be the minimum charge around three euros, possibly four..
It`s only a few hundred yards but pretty steep uphill to your apartment.Regards
Rodz
That's great..thank you

Would you recommend a bus card to get to other places? Is it a one off payment?

cheers
Bono cards are 12 or 30 euros and save you a third on short and medium journeys and half on long journeys.
Your nearest place to buy one is on the Apollo Centre, as you get off the bus at the bus station in Los Cristianos and walk upwards you will see a Netto on the right, go to the right of it and there is a english newsagent on the left.
They hav`nt started selling them at the airport yet which is stupid.
If you don`t mind paying over the odds you can use Spar and Netto for shopping but they are for the tourist and will take the proverbial.
If you do shop and want to pay the proper price use Mercadona or Tre Ball.
Rodz
I think its pretty obvious why the Bono tickets are not for sale at the airport and why the Titsa bus is such a low key service!

The taxi drivers are a very powerful lobby and all went on strike or threatened to go on strike when the tourist board ws proposing a vastly improved airpot bus stopping at far more places for tourists on the way!!
The Titsa bus is the bus service you can use your bono card on, in fact it is the island bus service.
Agree with previous poster when the airport bus started it stopped at several places.
When it leaves Cristianos for the airport now it only stops at Guaza and Las Chaffiras
I just cannot understand how they let the taxi drivers run and ruin the island.
Rodz
so can I use the titsa bus to get from the airport to Los Christanos?
Yup, the buses do go to the Airport (South one that is) :O
That`a a yes but if you don`t have a bono card in your possession it will cost 1.70 euros instead of 1.35.
You will see the bus opposite as you come out of the airport, they run every thirty minutes.
Rodz
Thanks for replying guys..

is it easy go get the bus then? I won't end up going the wrong way will I?

Also is it possible to walk from the bus stop in LC to Chipeque?

cheers
Hi ya Rutters,

I speak from experience, it's a good walk but when you get off the bus look for the Netto supermarket, turn right and head for the Paradise Park Hotel which you will see a good way off, go under their archway and turn right Chipeque is just across the road on the left. We walked it everyday but with luggage it's hard work. good luck we quite liked Chipeque.

Dave :tup
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.