Turkey Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Turkey.
with insurance for travel its not so much about price but more about what is covered so look carefully as long as you have it in place i cant see any reason why tc should want the latter either
ps i always use insure and go they have been good for me but not everyone
so i say again check what is being covered
:sun2
I have booked with TC for the last 4 holidays and they have always asked for this information. If you have already booked a holiday you should already have insurance in place for it! What if you need to cancel your holiday for any reason? You won't be covered!
Thanks for the replies guys. I have been looking around for insurance but just have not found the right one yet, I have looked on several websites but hubby is diabetic so have to make sure he is covered for that. I just cant seem to get my head around it on the web. We normally go with the post office but that seems to have shot up in price even for basic. Not sure which we are gonna need ( hubbies condition) We are going to a water park when there and the hotel has use of pedelo's ( spelling) and canoe's now does this count as watersports or is that just for things like the banana boats and such. Now you can see why i have not got the insurance yet ( cos i aint got a clue ha)
i do know insure and go do cover diabetics type 1 and type 2 but it has to be done over the phone to do a medical screening
there number is on the website
http://www.insureandgo.com

:sun2
I've booked many holidays with TC and never been asked about my insurance providers :que
I booked 3 holidays with Thomas Cook last year and they always asked for my policy number.
I booked a holiday with Thomson on Tuesday and they asked for the Travel Insurance company,policy number and expiry date.
Maybe they do this hoping to sell you a policy at inflated prices. :que :rofl :rofl
Some tour operators ask for insurance details such as who it's with, but in my experience, as long as you declare you have it, that is all the detail they ask for as it's rather silly to travel without it. I've never been asked for policy details, eg policy number before and can't see why they would need it. I'm travelling with Thomas Cook in 3 weeks and have only been asked if I have cover or not.

As we have an active insurance topic over on the General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips Forum, I'll lock this topic to avoid duplication.

TRAVEL INSURANCE: Advice, Recommendations and Q&As topic.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.