Tour Operators and Travel Agents

Discussions regarding Tour Operators and Travel Agents
It should say on your confirmation when the deposit is due.

I can't understand how they can book a package without booking the hotel at the same time as the flights. If in doubt, find the head office of the consortium they are part of (if it doesn't say on their receipt, call ABTA - Skyflights' agency number should show on the receipt)
Hi, Thanks for your reply..but i have paid the deposit! £600 and theres no date given when the balance should be paid by! ( this is the whole point of my query) and when i phone skyflights nobody seems to care! :evil:
if i dont pay the balance..then i lose the deposit! they get £600 for doing nothing

this company is not abta bonded...but is atol protected 3752

and i have phoned all the numbers on the confirmation sheet (which is all the same office)
Availability
Offers on screen must be shown with a specific departure date or else be currently available, which is defined as being available for departure within the next 28 days."

Should viewers find that this is not the case, they are requested to let us knowthe details of the advert so that we may assist them in their complaint. We take complaints of this nature very seriously and take immediate action to ensure our site and advertisers' offers are as accurate as possible.

The above is taken from the T&Cs on Teletext website with regard to advertisers.

If you are concerned then I would suggest a complaint to Teletext.

link to the website below.

fwh

http://www.teletextholidays.co.uk/Advice/advertising_guidelines.asp?area=Advice&channel=
I have just done a credit check on Creditgate for the company listed below. If this is the same one then there is a winding up order on them.

fwh

Name & Registered Office:
SKYFLIGHTS LIMITED
12 HATHERLEY ROAD
SIDCUP
KENT DA14 4DT
Company No. 02487051
thanks for that fwh....i have been in touch with telext holidays and they are on the case! as for the credit check you did that was very interesting!

the company i booked with

skyflights ltd
13 ravenings parade
goodmayes road
goodmayes
ilford
essex ig3 9nr

company number 02487051 (same number different address)
the wifes going to CAB today to seek advice.

once again thanks for your help, i really appreciate it.
I cant comment on too much here but one thing too bear in mind is that checking with a hotel often wont show you are booked. Tour operators will have an allocation with a Hotel and often dont give the names to them until about a week before. This means you could well be booked intio the Hotel but they just dont know that you are.

Hope this makes sense.

Kind Regards
Stewart
well its 1 week since i last posted a thread..just to update you!
we got in touch with the owner of skyflights (mr sharma) he confirmed that there were no flights or hotel booked and said that the £600 dep we paid would be back in my account within 7 days!
yes...7 days is up!.....NO DEPOSIT REPAID!

BEWARE OF!!!.....WWW.SKYFLIGHTS.COM
Sorry to hear your bad news. Many thanks on behalf of everybody for updating us.
Questions. How did you pay? If Credit Card then contact them. If Cheque/Debit Card inform your bank. Have you had any response from Teletext holidays?
Appreciate it is a difficult time for you but the more info we have the more we can try to help.

fwh
hi, paid the deposit by switch, as for teletext holidays..they contacted skyflights....skyflights told them they would be in touch with me that day!
as usual...they didnt get in touch! its like banging your head against a brick wall...nobody seems to care! surely by law im entitled to my £600 dep back??? :bhead
Have you contacted ATOL - skyflights are ATOL registered so they should be able to advise?
I agree with Diamond Olly about ATOL - I know it is a pain but contact everyone again. I would advise Mr Sharma also that you will be approaching the press unless you get you money within seven days. The more people he has on his back the better.

fwh
thanks for your support on this guys!
i have already been in touch with ATOL and explained the situation, but they said that unless the company goes bust they cant do a thing!
ill try the press though..it might well work..ive tried everything else..lol
ill keep you informed what happens!
DO NOT BOOK WITH THIS COMPANY !!!!!!!
me and my sister recently booked with skyflights through teletext and paid 400 of our holiday . we then accidently found out thet they are going bust after 3 weeks of ringing everyday trying to sort it out with an arrogant man we finaly got the money back luckily my sister paid off her card and had to get all her numbers changed because of them. i believe that teletext have stopped advertising for them but you never know
just to update you on this matter...we finaly got our £600 dep back on fri 24th march..Now booked for 2 weeks in Marmaris...(NOT THROUGH SKYFLIGHTS)....roll on 12th may :D
Having read previous info on this topic I now should be very concerned
I booked my holiday in December 2005 and paid £200 deposit
with no letter of confirmation from the company
the only communications I have had have been of my own instigation
The latest was Mon 27 Mar with once again the promise of a letter in the post by today Thurs 30 Mar (guess what)
Having spoken to various members of the 'sales team'
I was told the company is not in any financial difficulty and is continuing to trade.
I am now concerned as to whether I should if asked send the rest of the
money.
I would also ask that if the member ALBO on this site (or anyone else) could tell me how to access the Teletext complaints system (e-mail)
hi..sadly :wave if it was me there would be no way i would pay any more money to this company,i would try and get your money back and deal with a more organised one ...all the best ,keep us informed how you go on with company....regards ..johndoe
Sorry to hear of your problems. You do have to take care in this as you could not only lose your money but also your holiday. Failure to pay would put you in breach of contract.

I suggest you follow the same course of action as Albo. Any further payments you make must be made by Credit Card NOT Debit Card. You will then enjoy the protection that gives.

The information I have posted is what is published in the listing for this company on the Creditgate website. A credit referance agency I consult. It is possible that someone has mounted a rescue on the company.

I would also suggest that you contact Ros Fernihough - She is a leading Travel Solicitor and has helped many members of this site. She or a member of her staff can be contacted on 01922 621114

Download the Safe & Sound booklet at the top of the page. This is a valuable source of information even if you do not have a problem.

fwh
i am also a victim of this company.
i paid them a £200 deposit in jan, after various problems with them, no t&c, changes to holiday, failure to take balance, i started to get worried about my booking.
when i tried to question them on this i was given different excuses promised callbacks even hung up on!
after 30+ phone calls i have now sent them a letter stating i want to cancel and my deposit refunded i'm still awaiting my response from them.
i plan to claim my money back through small claims court i believe this is the only way i'll get my money back. :cry:
hi ..again sadly ... :wave further to my recent comments and after reading of other peoples misfortunes with this company,i would strongly advise you do not give this company any more of your money,never mind about contracts it seems that they do not care how they treat their customers.....regards...johndoe
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.