Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Teletext
3 Posts
The internet is littered with bad press on them - there website is an utter con, with reference codes to book everything, you need to call and every single call is funnelled to an indian call centre - even when the number on the website will be a number in the UK.

The increase by Jet2 is absolutely a lie as i would imagine they would have booked on the Jet2 trade site, booked at the price you had already seen on Jet2 and then called you to up it so they eventually made some decent money out of you.

Utter con artists and all in an Indian call centre paying for calls and traffic while ripping UK holiday makers off.

This happened to me unfortunately - hence the tone of this message.

NEVER EVER BOOK WITH TELETEXT HOLIDAYS!!!
Sorry but your comment "They said they would match and beat Jet2 by £220 so I booked." should have rung alarm bells. Over the years there have been many such tales and not only with Teletext that have been reported here on HT. Were you offered the chance to cancel the holiday? You booked at an agreed price and them coming back to you to say the price they agreed will increase is a change in the contract both parties entered into at the time of booking. You have to agree such a change.
  • Edited by fwh 2017-01-27 23:16:59
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.