Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Hi, my friend has just booked a holiday - flying out xmas day. She would like me to ask a question which I hope someone can answer as I have been plenty of times but have no idea.
Will the airport car hire shops be open when she lands on xmas day.( about 17.00 - to hire a car ) . I have suggested pre booking - but would they be open to collect the car? - Hope someone can help.
Can I add to the Xmas request please!!
We are due to land at approx 19.00 on Christmas Eve and from a previous experience in Lanzarote know Taxis can be difficult to get that evening. Can anyone help - Will there be taxis available all evening (in case we are delayed), or if I go for a car hire will the car hire companies still be open? Thanks.
we need a taxi or shuttle from tfs to trg on the 25th september (the one we used to use has disapeared )
we are 4 adults and 2 children if not does anyone know the price of a taxi from the airport
thank you
Hi, Can anyone tell me where pre-booked taxis pick up at Tenerife airport .Is it where the airport taxi rank is or another part of the airport.I want to know before I book as my hubby will have me in a wheelchair and the luggage to push... so we are hoping it's not far.We dont usually pre-book one but we will be arriving on Good Friday 2010 and I know there's usually a long queue that day.

Thanks
If its pre-booked is highly likely they will be situated in the car park directly opposite the terminal building. Dont think they park with the other Taxis at the top of the terminal building
I think parking has been stopped outside the terminal for security reasons.
There`s an area just past the terminal where they seem to wait.
Rodz
Hi

Does anyone know wether the Monarch on line check in and bag drop desks
are up and running at the airport.

Thanks

Daveyboy

:cheers
I am looking to stay in Parque Santiago II - does anybody know which bus we would need to catch from the airport? Also, how do we know when to get off?!
We are staying at the parque santiago 2 in January.We have booked a shared transfer through travel republic. Thera are 2 of us and the total cost is £22.55 return.
If there are only a couple of you it doesnt seem a bad price.
Ok little bit of information on using a bus to get to and from the airport to Los Cristianos/Las Americas as I used it last week.

The 488 Aerobus has been scrapped due to the taxi drivers leaning on the council

You now need to catch the 111 bus which leaves the airport every half an hour ..Make sure you get on the correct one as it also goes in the opposite direction to Puerto. (refer to Titsa.com for timetable)

It departs from outside the main arrivals door at the airport

Buy a Bono Card and the fare is 1.60 Euro each way

(You can get a bono card from the airport at a shop facing the information desk and it's called something like "Pizzaro" spelling is probably not exact, and they are either 12 or 30 euros)

It stops at the Los Cristianos bus terminal then goes straight to Las Americas Bus station without stopping

If you are going to Las Americas ask for the bus station to the bus driver and you will find that when you change buses at Los Cris (see below) you will not be charged any extra on your bono card on the second bus

(When you get off the 111 if you are staying in Los Cris fine, you can either walk to where you are staying or use the taxi rank directly opposite for a short ride to your appt (cardiac hill?)

If not you can catch any of the following buses 416, 417, 472, 473 to get to the Zentral Centre stop which is ideal for the Vulcano/Bitacora/Noelia Sur/Optimist/Best Tenerife & Siesta Hotels (its only a 10 minute ride from Los Cris) and very frequent (Santiago 2 is virtually opposite the Siesta and is 5 minute walk from Zentral Centre stop)

It took us about 50 minutes from the airport including changing at Los Cris and we were very impressed with the service + of course the money we saved over using a taxi.
How long are they valid for ? - we have been using our for the past couple of weeks and the value is excellant.

Thanks Chris
Hi Chris, I beleive they are valid for a year, we have ours from last December and will use it when we go in November.
Going in just over a week, is it possible and easy to catch a bus from airport to Los Gigantes.
Yes however you will need to change at los Cristianos ..Can't remember the number of the bus you get at los Cris but if you look at the http://www.titsa.com site it will list it for you + it says "Los Gigantes" on the bus!
There is a Titsa bus disruption going on at the moment.Limited bus service started last Wed 3rd and I think goes on till this Wed 9th.All bus services have been cut to 50% of normal.
I did plan to catch a 111 service back to the airport.There was chaos at Los Cristianos as many people waited for the Airport/Santa Cruz bus.The arrivals board read 10 minutes for the arrival of the bus, then 9 then 8.The next time I looked it had gone back to 10.
Waited half an hour,then decided to catch taxi,fare 22 euros.
The bus I had been waiting for never arrived whilst I waited in the sun outside the terminal,where many people waited unaware to the service disruption.
My theory was the service left Las Americas bus station full, not bothering to go to Los Cristianos the next pickup point, but going straight to the airport.
I am traveling to tenerife in february for 2 weeks and was wondering if anybody could recomend a cheap reliable transfer company, we are staying in los christianos. thanks
Hi mattaj81,

Get a taxi and save the grief !!! You will be in LC within 10-15 minutes from the airport.

Chris
Going to Colon II apartments in Playa de las Americas next week.Can we get a bus much cheaper than the rogish taxis which I have been reading about. Anyone know how far to apartments or is taxi from bus station recommended. First time in Tenerife.
We arrived back tonight and we booked our transfers using the Travel Republic website.for a shared transfer for 2 people to Las Americas and back to Airport it cost £22.55

ITINERARY:

Pick-Up: 10 Jan 2010 Tenerife South to meet your 12:55 flight.
Drop-Off: Parque Santiago2, Avda. Rafael Puig Playa de las Americas 38660, Playa de las Americas
Pick-Up: 17 Jan 2010 Parque Santiago2, Avda. Rafael Puig Playa de las Americas 38660, Playa de las Americas in time for your 13:55 flight.
Drop-Off: Tenerife South

BOOKING DETAILS: PAYMENT DETAILS:

Title Cost Qty Total
Transfer (RETURN) - Shuttle Transfer £11.03 2 £22.06
Credit Card Fee (2.25%) £0.49 1 £0.49
Total Booking Cost £22.55
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.