Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
The bus had 10 seats 6 of us went to the bus together from the terminal and it was about 10 mins till the rest came we had no problems but that is no guarantee .The only downside to me was that we were at the airport for 3 hours before departure but after checking luggage in we went and sat outside in the Sun. :)
We had a similar problem as Lyn just before Christmas. We waited on the full sized coach for other passengers for over an hour and once it was full with couples (not many families travel out of season) we were on our way BUT we stopped off at lots of hotels. Got to our hotel 3 hours later! We were fed up, thirsty and we had 'lost' that afternoon being stuck on the coach! We booked a taxi for our return. It was well worth it - 30euros, just us and we got to the airport feeling relaxed!
Has anyone used http://www.resorthoppa.com in Tenerife and if so, are they reliable? :cheers
Hi
We would like to book a transfer to our hotel as the taxis that you can use at the airport have ripped us off the last two times we've been . Which is a shame as previous years had been fine. Could anybody recommend any companies? Thankyou
Welcome to the forums tracy -polly beal.

I have merged your enquiry with this Tenerife Airport / Resort Transfers topic, which should provide you with some useful info and recommendations while you wait for further feedback.

David :wave
Hi
Going to tenerife on Friday the 16th of april for a week. Can someone please give me details of the airport bus we are stopping in the Isla Bonita. Is this worth using compared to a taxi for 3 people cost wise. We land about 1pm and our return flight takes off approx 2pm.
Many thanks
Steve
Unless you have a bono card I would guess the bus is around 4 - 5 euro each, but that will only take you to the main bus station in Las Americas, (it is the 111 from the airport) Then it would be easier getting a taxi outside the bus station to your hotel rather than get another local bus as you are only about 5 mins away then by taxi. That should be roughly another 5 euro?
A taxi all the way from airport would be anything from 25 - 28 euro.
Also bear in mind as it is a Friday arrival which is busiest day there could well be queues for the bus and they only run every half hour.
Given that there are 3 of you and the location of your hotel in PDLA I would agree with Vivien-Marie - get a taxi and share the cost rather than wait for a bus - get your holiday off to a good start !

Although you are going on a Friday and it will be busy, the taxi queue maybe long but they do move people at a good speed. For taxis - turn right as you leave arrivals. The bus queue will also be long.

I would suggest that the bus is great if you already have a bono card (to save around 30-50% of the fare) but if you are only going to use the bus once or twice and for speed to your location I would most certainly use the taxi - the taxis are fast and 25-28€ is a good estimate for the cost.

However, if you were to use the buses while you are their, a bono card costs 12 € or 30 € and you can use one card for any number of people ie you don't need one each. They can be picked up at various locations - you just need to ask where you can get one. Maybe use the bus to go back to the airport.

If you do use the bus be very careful of wallets / purses / money etc - getting on / off buses present
prime opportunities for pickpockets. I know of a couple of people recently who lost money getting on and off buses.

Chris
I need to book return taxi transfers for my family - 2 adults, 1 child. We also need a car seat as my daughter will only be 2. Can anyone recommend anyone? Looked at alpha rooms, they seem the cheapest. Thank you.
We are booked for summer 2011 and are a party of 4 adults & 1 child and would like to know if the Taxis will take 5 or if they are restricted to 4 passengers?

Thanks

Bill
Hi,
I need to book return taxi transfers from Reina Sofia to Playa de la Arena. Will need a car seat as travelling with a 2 year old. Can anyone recommend somebody. Bit worried as read on another holiday review website that a few companies have gone bust and they can't get their money back.
Thanks.
Hi

We are thinking of booking to stay in the Hotel Playa De Arena in Santiago and are wondering how much a private taxi transfer would be.

Resort Hoppa are asking £30 return for 2, this seems pretty good but we much prefer a private transfer.

Thanks in advance

Louise
Anyone know the rough cost of a taxi from South Airport to Santa Cruz? I appreciate the distance is around 50 to 60 miles.

I know the bus is almost certainly a cheaper solution and the excellent information in this thread suggests the PDLA - Santa Cruz service has the airport as a stopping point.

How easy is it to identify the Santa Cruz (as opposed to the PDLA bus) at the airport? Do they have the destinations posted to the front like London buses? I am assuming the airport will be set out on a one way system so the stops will be situated close to each other? Have used this airport many times in the past but never had to catch a bus from it.

Is the bus station in Santa Cruz within a walk of the port or is a taxi best for that bit?

Will the Santa Cruz bus be busy on a Friday afternoon in December (not Xmas Time). We have a generous time window around 6 hours to get from the airport to SC (to catch a ship) but like to plan for every eventuality. Just in case we have to wait for the next one if busy!

We are over for over three weeks (with 7 days spent at sea) I would hire a car but it would be wasted for the first bit.

Finally what is the difference between a 12 and 30 Euro bono cards.... I understand the fact that as a family group of 4 we only need the one.

A lot of questions I know and thanks to all that can contribute.
Hi
Can anyone say if there is a cash machine in or near arrivals at the airport?
Can you still buy a bono card from the shop at the airport ( I have heard the taxi drivers complained it was losing them custom) and does anyone know if its open on a Sunday daytime.
Found it. For those who might be interested,the shop is called La Alpizpa, located in arrivals/departures, opening/closing times are staggered every other day.
The price from the airport reina sofia to the area of los cristianos is around 20-25 euros...
Hi Everyone! Can anyone tell me if there is a smoking area (after going through security) at Tenerife airport (south)? Sadly I'm a smoker and do enjoyu a fag before the flight!!- no comments please hehe!!
sorry littlefred, no smoking areas in the airport at all any more.....................

Like me, you'll have to have your last gasp outside. I usually check in early and go outside til i have to go through security
:(
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.