Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
TENERIFE airports
104 Posts
Hello
We have hired a car which we will be picking up and dropping off at the airport at the end of our holiday.
Just wondered if anyone knows of a secure place at the airport thats provided for suitcases to collect later? We have a small hire car and cannot fit the whole lot in one go. We would prefer to do 2 car journeys rather than using the coach.
We would be greatful for any information.
Thanks in advance!
Debs
hi does anyone know how much a taxi or shuttle bus will cost to get to hotelur bahia flamingo tennirife cheers
We have been holidaying in tenerife for many years, and have not had any problems. The last time we came we claimed our cases and was outside the airport within half an hour. We find the best means of transfer is the local bus. We stay in Puerto de la Cruz. The local bus from the airport is € 5 with a Bone card.
anyone any ideas, as to when easyjet or jet 2 will be releasing there winter flights.
well how's that, checked last night and hey presto they came out yesterday

so all booked
hi
can anyone tell me how long it is from airport to pdla
thanks
Hi, by taxi takes about 10-15 mins max and by coach your looking at 30-45 depending on drop offs.
Hi all, I am traveling to tenerife south next week. I am staying at the panorama aparthotel, can anyone tell me how much the taxi fare will be?
thanx for that! also im taking £1000 with me. I will be self catering, 2 adults and 2 children, will that be enough?
i wish to transfer from reina sofia airport to los gigantes two people how much does it cost witch way is cheaper
  • Edited by David 2008-06-12 19:44:24
    Merged with existing topic
My son and his 7 mates (all on 1st holiday) booked a holiday to La Siesta in PLA months ago and are due to fly tomorrow Monday. They have just brought up the fact that they don't think transfers from the airport are included.

Can anyone recommend the cheapest way, as its already cost me an arm & leg, to get as close to the hotel as possible by bus or taxi and where in the airport they go to on arrival.

Thanks
Hi,

We always use taxis,they cost round about 25euro to PDLA.When you leave the airport turn to your right you cant miss them,theres usually loads waiting!

Anne :sun2
Thanks Anne, will the taxis take 4 or do they have minibuses so they can share the cost.

Been looking at buses and ther seems to be a new service no. 488 has anyone used this.
yeah the taxis will take 4,not sure about minibuses.My daughters just returned from her first holiday to Tenerife with her friends,I know what a worry it is!she had a great time and has already booked to go back in October :sun2
My sister returned from Tenerife two weeks ago and says she had some stuff stolen from her case. Nothing too expensive, but she seen a lot of people getting their baggage wrapped with cling film. Reckons this is because of stuff going missing more frequently. Anyone have any knowledge of this situation?
Just returned home this morning and the Taxi prices from the airport (south) to the Parque Santiago area were just less than 21 euros each way. We arrived in Tenerife approx 0600 and left for the airport at around 1430 and the price was the same at each time. I think thats what we paid around 2 years ago so I dont think they have gone up much if anything at all.

Paul
I travelled to Tenerife in June, I noticed a lot of suitcases were open when i got to gatwick! Also be careful at tenerife airport as a lot of people were getting charged as there cases were too heavy. Only problem is that they never took any extras home with them and they left all the shampoos etc behind! soin fact they should have been lighter.....
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.