Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I've been to Puerto de La Cruz twice in June. The first time the weather was gorgeous, wall to wall sunshine for the whole two weeks.

The second time it was the end of June again for two weeks I think we were there for a
couple of days at the beginning of July. We had somewhat mixed weather though I don't remember any rain just a fair amount of cloud and a couple of greyish days. It would either be mostly sun in the morning with cloud coming over in the afternoon or cloudy mornings with sunny afternoons. . I did manage to swim in the hotel pool most days though it was a bit chilly if the sun wasn't out.

I have been to the south of the Island in summer but it was too hot for me if there wasn't a breeze.
Any of the Canaries can experience variable weather in the winter months. If you go for one week you could get a week of glorious beach weather or alternatively a week of dull, overcast with chill winds. We regularly go to Lanzarote and Tenerife, Costa Adeje, for a month in Nov/Dec and Feb/Mar and on average 5 days out 7 are very nice, shorts/T-shirt, beach, swimming, walking. Been to P De La C in April and it was a week of fine weather. Been 2 weeks to Gran Canaria, Playa Del Ingles, in June and it was positively tropical. You cannot judge by one week's experience. On average across the year the Canaries will be about 4 to 5 degrees warmer than the Balearic Islands.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.