Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
I really empathise with you, as we had exactly the same experience with this company.

I booked a holiday for 2 with this company early July for Sardinia. I took my time and searched for a hotel in the designated location, especially to be close to the town centre as we had friends we were visiting and some even staying at the hotel I booked. I month after I booked, I received an email from love holidays saying: 'It is with regret that we have to relocate your booking due to the hotels overbooking.' As you can understand, I was really unhappy about the change. After almost 2 weeks of going back and forth with emails, they couldn't give us our original hotel booking, knowing we'd booked it to be near friends and due to the location being 10 minutes walk to the town centre. I knew I wasn’t going to be hiring a car and my mum who was travelling with me couldn’t walk long distance due to her health condition. I even spoke to customer service when I first received the email about the change, who informed me that when one makes a booking, it's not confirmed until 72 hours. She wasn't interested when I told her I'd booked it a month ago and had received all the relevant confirmed documents of my itinerary.The hotel they moved us to was on a hill and it cost 50 euro's in the evening to get to the town centre and back ( 25 each way ), hence the journey was only 1.5 miles. Buses stopped running at 7pm and my mum has arthritis, so walking up and down the hill every day created agony for her knees and hips. This was another reason why I chose the hotel closer to town in the first place. They said they would move us to the same standard room hotel as what we'd paid for, except our room was so basic and minus a balcony ( something the other hotel had ). We worked out we'd actually paid more for our room than other people staying in the re-located hotel who had better rooms than us. This hotel had so many stairs ( as they stuck us on the bottom floor ) without a lift, which was very inconvenient for my mum. Also there was no spa or other facilities ( kettle in the rooms ) unlike the hotel of our original booking. When we arrived at the hotel and expressed our disappointment due to the room not having a balcony ( something we’d paid for ) the receptionist called a representative from love holidays and handed me the phone. The representative assured me she’d get on the case and call us back. We didn’t unpack and waited. Yet we received no phone call the whole time during our 1 week stay.Also we had paid for a private transfer with our original booking which cost £50 extra and the hotel they located us to had a free airport shuttle, yet they didn't even compensate us the difference.The ironic part is that I run a travel company and host retreats in the UK & Europe and I would not treat my customers this way.I wouldn't trust this company and would not recommend booking with them. Their customer service and communication is beyond poor, unfair and unacceptable.
Whilst I have sympathy for the above posters, I also have to say that my experience of Loveholidays is somewhat different; we booked with them months in advance, and just a few weeks prior to travel were informed that the tour operator had changed our hotel as they no longer had a contract with that hotel. The "new" hotel was in a different resort, some 50km from the one we booked. When I contacted Loveholidays, they went to the TO, and came back with various alternatives, including a full refund, transferring to another holiday completely (paying any cost increase) or moving to any hotel in the TO's brochure in the same destination at no extra cost. It should be noted that NONE of these options is required by their T&Cs, so I was quite happy in the end to change to a hotel of my choice at no extra charge, and they even threw in a private transfer! Oh, an in the end, it turned out to be a better (for us) hotel!
Maybe I just got lucky, maybe it's something else, I don't know, but I'm more than happy with Loveholidays.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.