General Holiday Enquiries, Hints and Tips

General Holiday Enquiries? Got General Hints & Tips? Post Them Here.
Unfortunately the downside of using your vouchers is that you pay the full price. If you price up on the cosmos site use the highest price that is shown and you wont be far wrong.

If you go on http://www.tesco.com and look on the clubcard deals pages they have deadicated phone numbers for deals bookers. Probably best to ring this. If you ring up the normal booking line you will get your hopes up as to what you can get with your deals.

I'm pretty certain they can only be used against full package holidays. That is definately the case with Virgin and I think its the same for cosmos.

If you want flight only you might be better off converting your deals to airmiles. But look into it first, as if you do it and the price isn't right you cant change your deals back from airmiles to clubcard vouchers, so you lose the flexibility of going on meals, days out, goldsmiths, etc if you dont go ahead with a flight.

Doe :wave
chris ive just changed my airmiles back to tescos vouchers cos i found the flights were only expensive companies and i could get deals cheaper with easy jet etc which they wont use, same goes for the hotels, they only seem to use octopus and another few expensive ones, so i wasnt gaining anything, they did say i couldnt now change them back to airmiles again, im waiting to see what happens as ive heard nothing and only did this about 6 weeks ago

at one time the airmiles were great and lots of bargains but recently for what i use them for they sadly have been a waste of time

jackie let us know what you find out as ill be interested to see if i can use them for hols as that was what i mainly used them for

karen
Hi ellie_meg
I live in the cold frozen north of the country where tour ops don't believe any of us want to go long haul. So I end up having to go via a southern airport.
I find Tesco Vouchers converted to Airmiles as a really cost effective way of getting my Glasgow/London connection. The BA flight (with free food and drink, and reserved seat, and luggage included) works out this way much cheaper and more pleasant than the Easyjet rugby scrum option.
It's only 750 airmiles return which equates to £31.25 in Tesco vouchers.
For other folk up north doing short/mid haul holidays it might even be worth thinking about since tour operators also hike up all flight prices from northern airports.
Hi Karen :wave:

Sorry. I hope I haven't confused the OP. What I was trying to say if if you are on auto conversion to airmiles from clubcard vouchers you can stop this and opt back into clubcard vouchers if airmiles dont suit, but I think any that have been converted to airmiles used to have to stay as miles. Hope I am making sense. LOL.

I'm like you. I used to like airmiles, but cant see anything that I want anymore, but agree that they are great for things like domestic flights in the UK, if you need them.

:wave
You can use them for the eurostar . Paris or Bruges for a weekend girls :tup
we live in the midlands, so im lucky that we can use birmingham our nearest airport to london which is depending on which airport 1 hr 10 to 1 hr 45, manchester is 2 hrs etc, so lots of choice for us, so i would have no need for internal flights, but if you do i can see them being useful for that, they just dont suit my needs at the moment.

chris this tesco to airmiles confuses me lol, im just waiting to see what happens now ive changed over, theres bound to be problems always happens to me :rofl :rofl

never thought about the eurostar, my cousin lives in brussells and keeps inviting us over there, ill get there 1 day lol

karen
just been browsing the deals and got myself all confused :que :) with this airmiles thing. i have roughly £70 in vouchers, what is this converted into airmiles?

Thanks for all your replies :tup
1680 airmiles Jackie . worked out :

£70 in vouchers devided by £2.50 (per 60 miles) x 60 miles.

Trouble is you cant use them for budget airlines so in most cases I've tried I can already get a budget flight for cheaper than It would cost me in vouchers so no saving really .From where I live in essex I can use them for the eurostar though and have 2 standard class return tickets to paris or belguim (bruges is lovely ;) ) for about £75 -£80 in clubcard vouchers. The eurostar is a breeze and so relaxed from Ebbsfleet near bluewater in kent .

I still have 900 airmiles to use and I think they are due to expire next year so will probably add some more and book eurostar to Paris for jan/feb because we've not been there.

lyn
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.