Goa Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Goa.
Never had a problem with sending texts - silly question but do you have the right number / dialing code etc
Always texted successfully 0091 adn mobile number without the 0
I've always texted without a problem using the 0091. However, my contract ran out in December and I changed to pay as you go. My texts have successfully got through to Goan friends but their texts back havn't got back to me. Funny also because when I was in Goa last time I texted my mum and sister back in the UK a few times and my mum received hers but my sister didn't. My little girl who is also pay as you go has no problems texting and receiving to and from India and is using the same network as me. I rang my network and they said the problem is with the Indian network and they can't do anything about it. Thing is my friend in Goa has sent me 10 texts that I never got but he got charged for them........
iv'e never had a problem sending and recieving texts, iv'e also never been charged which is a bonus :)
Hi all

many thanks for the information, will give it a go

sim1 liz also has a pay as you go but i cannot see it making any difference (but not an expert)

ivan
Agree. Pay as you go shouldn't make a difference but for some strange reason since I changed numbers I cannot receive texts from my friend in Goa. My network can't explain it and my little girl uses the same network as me and her phone is OK. Changing network again in 3 weeks though so not too bothered.
I'll be in south Goa and Karnataka in December and using my uk mobile (on Orange) to text a couple of Indian mobiles rather than calling.

Anyone had any problems using the local network to connect with Orange?
Also - silly simple question - is it correct that one has to dial '0091' and then the Indian mobile number, removing a leading '0' if there is one?
(I've noticed some mobile numbers don't have a leading zero, which seems strange.)
I always use +91 then number ie +91 987654321 and normaly works
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.