Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
you sound like someone who has not travelled much in any foreign country including england locals try to charge the tourist higher prices.its well known to everyone you have to be firm with asserting where you require you taxi or tuk tuk to in bangkok etc.you say the cambodians are not like the thais absolute rubbish they are poor and do more to earn money.you sound like you are a naive traveller did you not read the guide books and take advice on conduct in thailand.your negative ramblings is from you bad judgment of people not thailand we had a wonderful first holiday here with no problems as we read up and took advice.we hear the bar girls are scammers but we did not attend their enviroments .we found everyone we met nice and polite.we did not invite thais to eat with us and before we took a tuk tuk we told the driver as instructed in the guide books no tailors or gem houses or no payment it worked for us i suggest you red advice if you return again and you will have an excellent holiday thailand is far superior to cambodia,safer and more advanced and healthier .
Hi,

Thanks for your reply!
I have lived in 6 countries(from 6mnths to 5 yrs)and worked in tourism in Tunisia and Cyprus and never seen such a things there as I saw in Thailand/Tunisians are also poor but do not do things like that/
I have heard about all of this and read guides and that helped me to survive all this crap in Thailand except the bus driver /pickpocket-and do not tell me that if you buy a trip in England the bus drivers will steal your money-rubbish.
I wrote all that to help others that are planning holiday there not to say "do not go there"!
Many of my friends that went to Thailand also told TUK TUK guy no jevellery shops etc and they still took them somewhere. In fact I told my TUK TUK do not go and he still went very upset!

I am glad you had nice time there but I think bKK and rest of Thailand nothig _special except the islands and I found Cambodians much more honest(I am not saying they are angels)

Martin
i totally disagree tunisia was fll of rip offs we paid for trips then they did not turn up we were overcharged in a taxi more than once the first week until we knew what to pay and i would never return its diffent experiences all over the world one mans meat is anothers poision hope you find a total perfect destination for you next holiday but i doubt you will best of luck
Are these posts for real ? Or is someone aving a larf?
I thought he might be a mole from the Cambodian tourist board !! I'm off for our umteenth visit next week, and dont recognise where he's talking about. Now if he was talking about rip off merchants in London....!! It's a pity however, as some people who are about to visit Thailand for the first time may well be agonising over whats in store for them, thats the downside of unbalanced scattergun missives such as his.
Alan
http://www.travelforum.org/thailand/5819-carreful-thailand-read-before-you-go.html
Your identical post above was made 4 months ago so not sure about being just back.
I dont recognise the Thailand you say you experienced beyond the usual scams that everyone who has done any research will know.
Never buy anything that you don't want-I'll try to remember that My OH would think I ignore that advice when shopping in the UK :rofl
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.