Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi

I see you asked a similar question last year about visiting Florida in 2014, You stated at the time you had two children, you saynow you have three. Is one of your children a baby?, in which case I don't think Thailand in July is the right holiday destination. July is Monsoon time,with torrential rain and extreme humidity,though not neccesarily the whole time.

I haven't been to Pattaya but have visited Thailand on numerous occasions. I personally book flights and hotel, transfers etc. seperately but you may find it would be better to use a travel firm to make all arrangements as travelling with three children to somewhere new may not be easy. Firms such as Kuoni or Hayes and Jarvis are pretty good for far eastern holidays or use someone such as Travel Bag to tailor you an individual holiday. If visiting Thailand you will fly into Bangkok and could either spend a few days in the City on arrival or a few days there before leaving for home.. Bangkok has a huge array of hotels at varying prices, have a look at the recommendations on the Hotel Review pages here.

Hopefully someone else will be able to give you the rest of the Information you require.
My wife and I have just returned from our annual two weeks in Pattaya last week. We stay at the northern end of the beach road well away from the seedier end of town in the Dusit Thani resort, a well established five star hotel.We book it through Bestattravel and have used them for several years without problems they have an excellent website where you can cost out their deals.The hotel has three pools, a leisure centre, tennis courts and is in a superb location. At present, as its the off season the bestattravel site have some good deals on and we have found that the package they offer works out cheaper that putting a deal together yourself. The deal includes two nights for the price of one, breakfast (magnificent) and transfers to and from the airport,with the new motorways the transfer takes about an hour and a quarter
Hope this helps, i
Alan
Are you set on Pattaya? You would have to accept that there could be a fair amount of rain in July. Have you thought about Koh Samui? I've been a few times in July and August and whilst it has rained, it is usually late afternoon or early evening. The main town is Chaweng and it does have glrlie bars but they are mainly concentrated on one street off the main one. Bophut is smaller and has some lovely hotels there, and it's family friendly.
If going to Bangkok I would think about doing it at the end of the holiday as Its best to do it when you are not jetlagged! Love Bangkok by the way :) I do usually go DIY but don't discount anything. DIY doesn't always have to mean the best price.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.