Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
I know they are good prices but I still can't help wincing when I look at them. I keep remember how cheap they used to be before APD skyrocketed.

I haven't done straight through bookings involving Bangkok airways but have found they( Bangkok Airways) do good deals with hotel and flight combinations.
Hi Fiona,

I know exactly what you mean about APD! The real nasty bit is that Premium Economy atracts the same rate as Business Class.

Have taken the plunge and booked flights via BKK to Chiang Mai next year. Will break the trip at Bangkok, coming back, and spend some time in Hua Hin.

Thailand still takes some beating for us and EVA prices are very good. Only 184 days to go - but who's counting ;)

Peter
we haven't sorted out next year yet- so perhaps Thailand will be on the agenda for us as well. Been a couple of years.
Booked ours with Eva back in July. Chiang Mai Krabi and Bangkok. Not been to BKK for quite a few years as we;ve been using Singapore and KL as hubs.

Do miss those £300 flights we used to get. Still the pound has strengthened against the baht. Was getting 43 to the pound on our last visit in March. ouch
I found an exchange slip from the mid nineties the other day - we were getting 38 to the pound. So I'll take 49 although I'd prefer more.
Oh dear,

:think The earliest I can find is early 2005 (Samui Trip) - just over 75 to GBP :cry :cry

Peter
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.