Thailand Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Thailand.
Hi,

I did just this about 10 days ago. I was in transit to Cambodia so only stayed couple of days:

There are 2 queues - Thai passports and everyone else passports. I queued for 90 minutes to get through immigration, but thereafter just get your bags and exit through the green channel at customs.

I took the train into Bangkok. It's 45 baht to the last station, Phaya Thai which is more or less central Bangkok. From there, a taxi to the Khao San area was another 67 baht. All this was after 8pm. The journey time to Phaya thai is 20 minutes and trains are frequent until late. Just take a lift to the bottom level at the station and you can haile a taxi along with others doing exactly the same thing.

Might be of use,

Regards.

PS I'm running a blog here if your interested

http://paul-d-holmes.blogspot.com/
Thanks for the info Calangute

It must make a lot of difference now that the train runs out to the airport. It still wasn't finished on my last visit ( on my way to Laos) I see you mention a lift at Phaya Thai, good news as I had envisioned lugging a case down the steep steps that are standard at most of the Sky Train stops.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.