Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Annie, strange that the original hotel is there, when they are saying that it is no longer available! You could take a look at this site, it gives alternative numbers to the 0870, and hope that there's one listed for On The Beach

http://www.saynoto0870.com/

Good luck, Linda.
Hi Annie, found this number...(freephone) 0800 0858859 .....Linda.
Thanks Linda. Had already looked that up. Hubby is on the phone to them at the moment...having no luck....god they are well versed in bull!!!

Annie
As they have taken no money from you, you don't have a leg to stand on - you have no contract with them yet. An advertised price is simply and invitation to 'treat', not an obligation on their part to sell. Of course it's not good business practice or customer relations and it might have been a genuine error on the website too. If they make a habit of this then Trading Standards would take an interest and they could be done for unfair/misleading advertising but they can't be made to sell this holiday to you at the originally quoted price. Things would be very different if they had taken money from you - that would have established a contract between you and them but as they haven't I doubt that there's much you can do about this.

SM
I would ask to be upgraded to another hotel if one's suitable at the original cost. If no joy then a full refund.

Robby :wink:
Sorry, no edit button. I know you say no money has been taken but it is too early to say. Contact you bank to clarify.

when you pay with a debit card it takes roughly 3-4 days for it to come out of your bank so as soon as you click confirm etc and it is accepted then steps are in place for the money to be debited and as far as i am aware once your card is accepted the contract of sale is there
Thanks all. Have cancelled and am searching for another deal for them. Seems so unfair that they are allowed to treat their customers in this way....if I buy something on Ebay for example I expect to pay the price I am being offered the goods at....not what they decide to charge after i have commited to buy.

Thanks again for your help.
Annie
when you pay with a debit card it takes roughly 3-4 days for it to come out of your bank

Have you contacted your bank?

I would suggest that you do so and appraise them of the situation. Whilst you have cancelled the transaction could be in the system.

Better you tell them now than find it deducted from your account and then have to try to get it back.

fwh
son and his friends are in ibiza at the moment they had the same problem when they booked they had to pay more money to what was meant to be a better hotel as there original hotel was meant to be fully booked. the new hotel my son says is not better and the food in it is not that good so they are having to spend more money eating out. seemingly on the beach are doing this a lot .
they did the same to me with flights last year , i booked flights to turkey over the internet and the next day they rang me and said it was an error and could i pay £30 each more, i refused and got a full refund. so looks like they are making a habit of doing this sort of thing
Thank you all for your replies. We cancelled in the end, but it makes me so angry that what you see is not what you buy....and this new £15 per way luggage charge is crap!!! But thank you for all your replies.....any ideas for a cheapy AI in a fortnight greatfully recieved!!!
Regards
Annie
If I'm trying to buy, and the vendor tries that on, then as far as I'm concerned it's 'Game Over!'
Friends of mine have used Fleetway Travel, and were very pleased with them.
any ideas for a cheapy AI in a fortnight greatfully recieved!!!

Post your available dates and airports you can fly from.

Have searched and searched but everything is way out of their budget. They can go anytime next week 27/7 for 7 nights from Cardiff. Prices do seem to be dropping daily so I may have more luck if I leave it till later on this week.
Annie
lucky escape maybe?

i would just back away from them and search somewhere else

:yikes
I think you are right, prices are pretty high. You are probably better waiting now for a very late deal.

Good luck,

I had a problem when trying to book for 5 adults and one child. Their site dosen't give an option for entering the number of rooms. It kept putting us in two rooms. I booked the single room first then when I went back to book the rest of us the price had gone up £20 each. They took no notice of my complaint even though the next day on a different computer I could get the original price up. I am still having problems as that single person now dosen;t want to come. We are trying to contact them to change the name but they have so far not responded (its not quite 48 hours yet). Their website says they wont change the lead name but its the only name on this booking.
They did the same with us... booked a holiday to Lanzarote, paid in full. They rang back the next day to say the flight was full, but we could fly with another airline.... but wanted an extra £360. Told them where to go & got a full refund. After searching tinternet the original flight never existed. Please be very careful before you use this company.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.