Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Hi Emz
Their ticket department have obviously messed up, just get on the phone tomorrow and they should send you the correct tickets return of post. I have booked many holidays DIY and have never experienced problems, the only difficulty could be with postal strikes we are still experiencing postal delays at work and use special delivery for anything that we must get delivered quickly. Ask them to special d your tickets. You should be fine. Good luck. Alison
Thanks alison I will ring them first thing in the morning although the guy I was talking to said they would probably issue them for collection at airport. Which is making my nerves worse!
Hopefully all will go smoothly.

I was just a bit worried as I have heard some negative comments about his company, but I suppose you can hear negatives about all companies if you look hard enough!
Emz
this happened to my friends,in june with XL,the tickets sent were for another family,travelling to lanzarote from gatwick,my friends were travelling,from manchester to dalaman.i had booked the holiday d.i.y for them & they were extremely nervous,as it was their 1st time d.i.y.we phoned XL up & they sent the tickets through on e-mail.
at first they said,pick them up,at the airport,but my friends weren't happy about this,so they relented & sent them by e-mail.
i'm sure it will be o.k
tracy
Thanks tracy I hadn't thought about that.
We only live about 20 minutes away from airport so I was considering asking them if I could pick them up early at the weekend or something.
Emz
Well I have rang on the beach holidays ths morning. The man I got through to wasn't overly helpful and he has told me the only way it can be done is to collect tickets at airport 3 hours prior to departure. He has assure me the tikets will be there but to be honest he sounded half asleep and a bt confused! :?

I have visions of us turning up at airport and being told they haven't got them and having 2 very dissapointed kids waiting to go on their holidays.

Hopefully this won't be the case and everything will go smoothly and my nerves are going to hold up!

I will let you all know when we get back how things turned out! :wink:
Emz, why don't you try asking them to send you an email confirming that your tickets will be at the airport, with the email stating the flights details? Remember to take all the paperwork you have regarding the flights.
We've had to pick up tickets at the airport before, and although it was a bit nervewracking, everything was ok.
Thanks tishtosh.

I have just sent them an email asking them to confirm all details by email and I'll print this off and take it with me.

Hopefully they will respond and it will put my mind at rest a bit. :wink:

Emz
There shouldn't be any problem as tickets are picked up at the airport all the time.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.