Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Have you got your money back now? I know some other companies are only refunding customers now. Also if money is taking from your credit card or you have booked it all with your credit card, always contact you credit card provider to raise a dispute and they will refund your account and claim the money back from the company themselves.

I too was caught up in custom flights and then again Flyglobespan and it is stressful and it does take a while. :) :)
Read this I understand this guy is very helpfull

On the Beach would like to assure all of our customers and users of holidaytruths.co.uk that forums@otbeach.com is an official email address at On the Beach. This address has been specifically set up for any of our customers who wish to contact us.

Many thanks
Hi Greenshoes

We were advised that as Holidays4U had stepped in to assist those travelling to Turkey all we had to do was fill out that CAA claim form and send confirmation of the amount that had been paid (£75 per person deposit). In effect what should then have happened (from memory) is that Holidays4U provide the flights (still through Onur Air) and they claim back the money from CAA so I wasn't due a refund of any kind until OTB decided that 2 claim forms weren't sufficient!

Rather than contact me to say that they didn't have the claim forms (although they'd been sent twice, both times by recorded delivery, both times signed for) they went ahead and took £375 plus card fees from the credit card that we booked the holiday with so that money went to Holidays4U to pay the deposit on the flights as they weren't able to reclaim without the claim forms.

When I sent it the third time (again recorded delivery) they were then to refund the money to the credit card (it's all very complicated!) but they managed to refund the wrong amount (even though I checked with them how much they were refunding! So, in summary, yes we've had that refunded but a) it shouldn't have been taken in the first place if they'd sent off the claim forms and b) if they did need to take it, they should have got in touch not just go off and do it. It wasn't even my card!
Hi Snowyboy

I have already sent an email to this email address and am hoping I'll get something more satisfactory than the response I have received from customer relations.

Many thanks
Still nothing from the otb forum people but received my standard response from them in writing saying it'll take 28 days. Given that this is an open complaint one would expect a more speedy response!

How long do they usually take to reply to emails to their forums mailbox?
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.