Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Please let us know if and when the hotel get back to you.
No response from hotel this time after two emails, but I've managed to get the email address of the manager so have emailed him direct today. Hopefully we'll receive a positive response soon.

Does anyone know if online companies are required to display the total amount they will be taking from your credit card when entering credit card details? When I reached the credit card page after adding the additional hold bag there was nothing to tell me how much the total cost was. When I rang them they quoted £48.50 but they have actually taken £77.20.
Hi Salsera,

I'm really sorry to hear what you have been through with OTB. I posted my complaint on this board in the hope that it might stop this sort of thing happening to others.

I hope you manage to sort things out.
I am putting this reply on the website because this company OTB has made me so angry. I am due to fly out next Sunday with my two sisters and my daughter to Turkey to celebrate my 50th Birthday. I booked my daughter on the trip early April as she could not confirm dates until then and we had booked in March. The operative was fine and she was added to the booking so I thought and a confirmation was sent through with the four names on it excellent. However I received a ticket on line last week for her separately and saw that she wasnt on our flight so I immediately contacted OTB by phone backed up by an email. The girl assured me that there was no problem and we should just turn up and explain that she is on our booking. I left it at that. Two days later I recieved the other ticket for the three adults. I called OTB again and emailed saying I wasnt happy as surely when I turn up at the desk the check in staff will just look at the tickets and say 'hey she is not on this flight so she must go away'.
After waiting anothe half hour to get through I spoke with a guy who a said he would email the flight operators. He apparantly did this and they told him there was nothing that could be done as our flight was full.
OK I thought. So much for just turning up Duh! I then pleaded with them to let me go on the later flight as my daughter traveling alone was going to cause major transport problems for us both ends whereas I could probably get a bus if need be to our appartment and take my car to the airport this end. Well another half hour wait to speak on the phone as emails dont appear to ever be answered.
The reply was 'no thats not possible as it is too near departure date!' Well I explained that I had contacted them as soon as I received the tickets and that was last week.How come they could do nothing and had they been honest when I booked over six weeks ago I would not be in this mess anyway.! Well of course I got all the standard replies of 'sorry blah blah'(which actually reads ' you're stuffed basically!') I then inquired why I could apparently take 20kgs luggage and my daughters ticket says she can only take 15kgs although I had paid an extra £80 for her ticket . Again sorry I cant help you I have no idea why it says that?
I wonder if there is anything OTB customer services can actually help you with? They are incapable of anything and once they have your money your holiday problems are none of their concern even if they have caused them. I would just like to take this opportunity to thank them for making this run up to what was meant to be a special trip an absolute nightmare. Of course they need not worry that I will be contacting them again as they can take a running jump .Remember- Buy cheap buy twice!
You need to email - forums@onthebeach.co.uk - with your MYB.

A member of HT who is employed by OTB monitors our site and will try to assist. Please ensure you put in your email that you have been directed there from HT.

fwh
Sorry to hear of your experience Helen. I totally agree with you that they are a useless company. I got £30 refunded to my credit card in the end but as usual they didn't address the actual problem, i.e. taking whatever they like from your credit card, just said it was my fault and they were giving me a refund of the admin charge as a goodwill gesture. Either they don't actually read the complaint or they are trained to ignore it and never admit liability.

I still haven't had a reply from the hotel either so we'll just have to see what happens when we turn up and pray that they have 2 rooms for us.

I've learned my lesson and will never again deal with this On the Beach holidays.
I have now had confirmation from the hotel to say that we still only have one room, even though our documentation from Hotel Beds via On the Beach states that we have booked two rooms. The hotel say that whoever made the website booking (Hotel Beds) have made a mistake. So once again I have emailed On the Beach and will have to wait for another week for a standard useless reply. Our holiday is in 5 weeks and I'm worried that the hotel will run out of rooms. I can't contact Hotel Beds direct and have to rely on On the Beach.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what action to take to get this sorted out?
Can you obtain and then send written confirmation from the hotel that states only one room has been booked on to OntheBeach? I think with that they must be obligated to resolve as clearly from their system (two rooms booked) to the hotel (one room booked) via the bedbank intermediary, Hotelbeds, something has gone wrong. I think unless you do this you will go around in circles.
I did suggest you contact OTB via the address I posted. Did you do so or are you still using your original contact?

fwh
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.