Greece and other Greek Island Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Greece and other Greek Islands.
The Wind In Kos
9 Posts
Depends where you are really but this early on in the year I would take something for the evenings anyway, maybe in the height of summer the wind doesnt really affect the temp. but this early it adds a slight chill, will be a nice one though

have a nice time
The wind on Kos can be a bit fierce at times, but in the warmer months you should be fine. As Sally says take something for round your shoulders at night and you shouldn't have a problem.
I was there a few years ago with a friend and found it was windiest between Tigaki and Mastihari, where sunbathers were using the parasols as windbreaks. Found it very calm on the south of the island.

Where are you staying?
We stayed at Tigaki In july 2002

it was strange because the wind seemed to get up every afternoon between 1&4 which was quite nice really as it knocked the heat of the day down a bit, i can only remember it getting a bit on the stronge side once causing the umbrellas to go walkies
Thanks to you all for your replies we are staying in kos town, cardis packed 8) have to be careful coz you dont realise youre catching sun in the wind.
Well we leave on the 4th of june ... I hope it's decent for that time of year, it's the earliest we've been before. Got sun burn last week in one day and that was 17/18 degrees. So I can't really complain what the temp is as long as it's over 20 or 25 :D .... :D
where u going Frenchie?? I found this web site to give a 15 day forecast, it says in SKiathos where im going it will be:

23 when we get there and sunny, so Im happy, but ive been watching the weather and its been a lot warmer up to 30 the other day so i guess it depends really, in Kos it says:

June 2nd and onwards, about 24-25 degrees but also says it feels hotter so I dont think there will be any one feeling cold in Greece
:lol: :lol: Yippee cant wait for the sun :D weather here getting me dowm now feel like we've had april showers forever :x :x
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.