America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
have a look at the sticky,at the top of the page.you are bound to find some info,in there.
I am going to orlando on 1st aug 09 and would like to know the cheapest way to buy theme park tickets.Should i purchase before i go or buy them when i get there any info would be great :cheers
Buy b4 you go, the Disney 14 day ultimate ticket which includes all the water parks etc and the park hopper option(where you can visit more than one park per day) is ONLY available to buy in the UK NOT the USA.
Depends what your intending to do tho i spose, if your not wanting to the whole disney park thing then buying individual tickets whilst there for Sea world etc might be cheaper.
Have a fab hol
Jords. :sun2
Hello All
I have just booked my familys first trip to Orlando. We are staying on Internationsl Drive and leave in just over 3 weeks. Everything is now sorted except for our park tickets and I'm hoping some of the more experienced board members can give me some advice. Hoping to go to parks every other day and definitly looking to go to Magic Kingdom and Universal Studios not sure what else though. Problem is their seems to be either a choice of 7 day passes for Disney or Universal so if I buy these I will probably waste a lot of cash. Is their any combined tickets you can buy with both Universal and Disney?If not I was thinking of getting a Flex ticket and Disney 1 day or 2 day tickets (if thats possible). Could someone give me some advice on what types of tickets I'm best to get as well as where to get them from. Either way its looking pretty expensive so any savings would be great.

Thanks in advance.

Paul :sun2
Merged with existing topic which may have some information in earlier posts.

luci :wave
one book that is critical to getting the most out of your time at disney world (or disneyland) is the unofficial guide to disney world, now there is a 2010 version out - just released! written by bob sehlinger, this gives INCREDIBLE tips on saving money, time, and park plans to avoid the crowds as best you can. there's an unofficial guide to disneyland, too. any bookstore should be able to get it.

if you're headed to legoland in CA, the unauthorized legoland guidebook, by bridget smith, is invaluable.
Going to Orlando soon, but do not have a long time to spend in the parks, maybe just one day each for Disney, Universal and Sea World. Does anybody know the best way to get tickets on this basis. Would it be better to buy in advance or buy on arrival. Thanks
Hi all,

Looking to book some discovery cove tickets any one know the best and most reliable site to book tickets through,

regards

Baz
just a note parking charges at disney parks now gone up to $14 a Day.....
To anyone who knows!

We are visiting Orlando for the second time next week and have been in a real quandry about tickets. We do not want the quality 7 day tickets etc but want to visit a few individual parks like Magic Kingdom, Epcot, Universal/Islands and would like to see the Cirque de Soleil. I understand from different websites that the prices may be different on the gate/at the ticket office so wondered is it better to just buy everything when I get there including the Cirque tickets? Can anyone help with this please as its doing my head in!!! Thank you. Sue
Not that it helps you Sue, but I am also going through the same dilema. I know about aeroplanes but thie theme park thing is doing my head in also! Just want to to spend a coupkle of days in each (only there for a week over after xmas and over new year) and am just wondering if its best to do it on arrival. I have a horrible feeling that the whole area will be packed out and long q's for everything (and we are not travelling with Children). Anyhow will continue to look.

Nivsy
We were in Florida last month and the queues at the ticket offices were horrendous. It was bad enough having to queue to get into the parks, then to queue to get onto the rides without having to queue to get tickets as well. I was glad that we had bought our tickets before we went and would recommend you do the same. Would like to add that the queues at the Disney parks were by far the worst and the slowest moving.
Thanks JimnLiz. Sounds like a plan.....will continue to look at booking before going. Did you notice by any chance if the fastrak ticket mechanism seemed to work?

Nivsy
The fastpass system at the Disney parks was a joke. Queues were on average an hour long and the fastpass would be for 5 hours later! Later in the day the fastpass would be switched off because it would have been for after the parks closed. Found it really frustrating standing in the queue and not moving when the fastpass queue was streaming in. You can only have fastpass for one ride at a time which was a pest. You need to get to the parks early, we didn't find there was a problem first thing, just as the day wore on and then it would settle down again on an evening. You have to pay for fastpass at Universal but the queues were never that bad. We found that the Disney rides seemed to break down very frequently which didn't help with the queues.
Mmm Thanks.....

Having had a look at the various websites there really does not seem to be much "competition" out there....a pound or dollar more here or less there etc... They all promise that they are the best but quite frankly one seems as good (or as bad) as the other........Interestingly none offer a pass for less than 5 days (why would that be I wonder?)....could be a market out there.....(me for one!).

Nivsy
Yeah we found the same when we were looking for our tickets. In the end we went for the sites that were offering extra days at no extra cost. The Orlando Flexiticket (think thats what its called) is really good value, we really got our moneys worth from it. Got 14 days Disney for the price of 7 but still cost alot more than the Universal ones and we only spent 4 days at the Disney parks. It was nice to have the flexibility though to go were we wanted when we wanted. A friend of mine was out in Florida in July and took her sister who had never been before. They did not buy any Disney tickets before they went because they weren't planning to go but her sister wanted to see Cinderellas Castle. I'm sure she said it would have cost them £70 each to get into the Magic Kingdom. Needless to say they didn't go and her sister did not see the Castle.
Hello

Going to Orlando (for the first time) in September, can anyone recommend some websites for the Parks tickets please?

Many thanks
:wave:
We have just bought and received our from attraction tickets direct we go at easter. There is 9 of us going we emailed what we wanted and we got prices a bit cheaper than they were advertising on their website plus some good advice about tickets we hadnt thought of. They are real tickets not e tickets that you still have to que up for once you get there, we also got kids eat free vouchers for the 4 children in our party for free. Really nice people to deal with. :cheers
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.