America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
I have just spoken to someone who has been to Florida a few times and they have always got their park tickets when they get to Florida as there is usually a lot of deals on. Has anyone else done this, waited until they have got to Florida?

One of the cheapest I have found so far online is a 6 day base pass for WDW for $224, that's on knowbeforeugo

Thanks
hi sarah we go to orlando every year,and we always buy our disney tickets off the walt disney websites,and pay with our credit card,these tickets are the best price you can get,and the safest way to buy them.we met a couple last year who had 4 kids,who had brought some tickets for the parks,and when they tried to use them they were told they were counterfiet,this ruined there holiday has they could not afford to buy new ones.so a word of warning dont buy tickets of the internet unless you no its safe,and when you get to orlando do not buy any off the men that sell them on the streets.you will find that in the hotel you stay in,there will be a ticket booth where you can buy any tickets you want,and they always do good deals.I hope you have a great time,john
hi going to florida fist time in june getting so confussed on tickets the ones we wont to go to are mgm disney and universal for sure and wet and wild but dont mind paying separete for wet and wild please can anyone tell me which ticket it is :que x
Hi sweetsamy, The disney ultimate ticket gives you 14 days for the price of 7, it includes mgm now called Hollywood studios, magic kingdom,animal kingdom, epcot and two water parks which are one a par with wet n wild if not better that will save you buying wet n wild ticket. It all depends how much time you want to spend in the parks as to how you buy. If most of your holiday is going to be theme parks I would advise the ultimate ticket and buy from Disney direct just ring them and they bike the tickets to you from Hammersmith if you are London based or the surrounding area. Otherwise you can buy them from some disney stores here. We always buy our universal tickets out there they do offers and lots of the hotels can get you tickets. Sea world is worth a visit and if you want both universal parks + sea world they do a flexiticket which includes wet n wild which runs for 14 days if you do not have a tight budget to stick to. They now have a combined ticket which does them all, but this can work out more expensive than buying them separately if you don't use all the parks. Hope this has been a help any question just post and we will try to help you further. By the way if you don't want to spend all your time at the parks they do combinations of all different time from 1 day to 14 at the parks themselves.

Regards John
thank you john so many questions its hard to sort thing out and talk about it at home for the girls are allways there love to go to them all but it will cost a bit but there are our main parks we would like to visit our hotel is right oppisite wet and wild so we will go to that one just gets a bit confuseding what tickets to buy
Hi

Can anyone help with the current cost to park at WDW and Universal.

Thanks

CHW
Help needed - booking tickets quite soon and any quick advice would be appreciated :que

I have been surfing the web for weeks researching prices for theme park tickets. On checking the Discovery Cove website realised I can get the "Ultimate Ticket" which includes unlimited 14 day entry to Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica for just over £800. Was all ready to book until a final search came up with "OnlineFlorida.co.uk". They are offering the same for £692!!!! and 2 park bonus unlimited 14 day for Universal and IOA for £300!!!!

Im just a bit wary that for less than £1000 I can get all the park tickets we require for 4. Lots of people say that DC is really expensive but I cant understand that (£173 each!!!)? Would get Discovery Cove all inclusive of lunch and breakfast that day, Aquatica, Seaworld and Busch Gardens with free transport to Busch. Has anyone heard of this company before? They say they are ABTA protected and list a British telephone number.

Should i go ahead and book?
Help needed - booking tickets quite soon and any quick advice would be appreciated

I have been surfing the web for weeks researching prices for theme park tickets. On checking the Discovery Cove website realised I can get the "Ultimate Ticket" which includes unlimited 14 day entry to Seaworld, Busch Gardens and Aquatica for just over £800. Was all ready to book until a final search came up with "OnlineFlorida.co.uk". They are offering the same for £692!!!! and 2 park bonus unlimited 14 day for Universal and IOA for £300!!!!

Im just a bit wary that for less than £1000 I can get all the park tickets we require for 4. Lots of people say that DC is really expensive but I cant understand that (£173 each!!!)? Would get Discovery Cove all inclusive of lunch and breakfast that day, Aquatica, Seaworld and Busch Gardens with free transport to Busch. Has anyone heard of this company before? They say they are ABTA protected and list a British telephone number.

Should i go ahead and book?

Don't know if this is too late but I ordered tickets over the phone from this company and was very impressed by them, ordered the Discovery Cove package and Universal and IOA, ordered at 9.00am and they were delievered next day by recorded delivery, hope this helps and have a good holiday :)
Help

I have just received my disney tickets from park-tickets and have been advised that i have to activate them from a e-mail link, but i don't have it. I have e-mailed them but with no reply as yet, the link is 'secureorlandovillas'. Has anyone got this link or can advise what action is needed
Hi , we are travelling to Florida in October for the 1st time , has any one been to the Wizarding world of Harry Potter ? It Looks fab and as huge Harry Potter fans we can't wait , we do have an early pass from booking through Virgin and getting our tickets with them, Has any one used this? What were the queues like, also what will the queues be like at the other theme parks at that time of year are we talking hours ?
Sorry for lots of questions
A work Colleague is just back from Orlando and she said the queues for Harry Potter were horrendous. We are talking hours. We were in Orlando in October and are going back next October. The queues for Disney were very very long and yes it was an hour plus wait for some of the rides but Universal/IOA were not too bad. We found that at Disney the wait got worse as the day wore on but at Universal/IOA and Sea World that as it got later the wait time was not too bad. My daughter loves all the big rides and it was possible for her to come straight off one ride, run round and be on it again very quickly but as I said this was later on in the day. The weekends were the worst when it came to queueing and we avoided Disney on a weekend. You will have a great holiday, enjoy.
Virgin Offer Early park entry to Harry Potter World

Hi I have been on the phone to virgin today enquiring about this, as this was the only reason i bought my tickets through virgin to get this early entry and breakfast etc, I am a bit worried as they told me I have to use this invitation in the 1st 2 days of arrival, in my case 8th and 9th October as we don;t arrive till 8th at 14.30 It will have to be the 9th that we go , I asked where do we get the special invitation from and she told me the welcome meeting!!!! Then she said the wecme meeting will be at the airport . Is this true ??? I am worried If the welcome meeting is not at the airport and happens to be the next day, then we will miss the start of our day as we have to be there at 7.30 for the breakfast in the 3 broomsticks, and early entry.
Has any one took advantage of this offer and how does it work?
Thanks
We just got back from Orlando last Saturday (25 Sept) and the queue for the family Harry Potter ride was 60mins and for the older childrens/adults ride (Dragons Challenge) was only 20mins. We found the queues for all rides very short.

Also, we bought our park tickets from a hotel when we got there and now having a look on Undercovertourist.com (gained through the mousesavers.com website), the tickets would have been cheaper to purchase in the UK first. For a 5 day base ticket for Disney, we paid $550 for two adults & for the Orlando Flex ticket we paid $504 for two adults. On undercovertourist, a 5 day base ticket (plus one extra day free) it is $483.90 and for the Orlando Flex ticket it is $485.90, so a good saving on the Disney base ticket.

We didn't shop around for our tickets in Orlando, so not sure whether we could have got them any cheaper over there, but just thought I would post the prices we paid, incase anyone might find this helpful.

We had a fab time and I wish anyone who is going Happy Holidays :cheers
Hi Guys

I am off to Orlando in November for 2 weeks and would like advice on the resort tickets.

I have been on a few sites and seen the prices for passes for 3,5,7 and 14 days.

I went a few years ago and bought passes for about 3 days and they seemed ok price wise.

Can anyone recommend if it is actually cheaper to order here before we go or buy when we get there.

We are staying at Orange Lake Countyr Club who actaully have a Disney Reservation Centre on site and I remember the Universal tickets was discounted.

Also is it better to buy 14 day tickets for both Disney/Universal or say 7 for one and 7 for the other. I know you can buy a pass to include Bush Gardens and other theme parks.

Any advice would be great and a rough idea of costs for the 2 weeks for passes.

thanks in advance
We're in L.A at the moment and the current offer is, "Buy a daypPass and get free admission for 2011" for Universal Studios.

A good day out and some good entertainment.
we are a family of 6 going to orlando in september for the first time, my mum is going with us and she will be 73 years young
do we have to pay the full adult price for park tickets for her? :que
I believe seniors in Florida are 55 and over so she should be able to get a Seniors ticket.

luci :wave
hi all new user here looking for some help,going to florida for the first time this year and was looking at busch gardens and in particular the trainer experience, has anyone any experience of this and what sort of interaction with the animals is there :think
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.