Cyprus Discussion Forums

Discussions regarding holidays in Cyprus
This was posted on my web site on this subject, they did not go back..

Just to let everyone know that the Jones family did not return to the UK in the end - I quote from the Manchester Evening News (27.06.07)

No place like home

Post edited for copyright reasons, as material from the Manchester Evening News may not be reproduced on any other website without permission
David HT Mod
Jimbox......you really needed to see the programme, like me, the vast amount of visitors to this site love Cyprus, that is why the programme was hard to swallow. So you are confronted with a man who describes Cyprus as far from perfect, stands in front of land which is full of rubbish and suggest it is a great problem in Cyprus........can't say I have noticed this, comments on the driving and parking habits of Cypriot drivers...maybe but have seen worse, says Limassol has some muggings and crime as he drives along the strip........I think Cyprus is very safe......am more worried about the snakes lol.
I think I would be right in saying, his son was soo happy at his school in Limassol(just to point out the school in Macclesfield is one of the top private schools in the Cheshire) and his wife too did not want to leave, the whole programme left a strange taste.......finally if you so missed family and friends in UK why haven't you visited in four years!!!
But if I lived in a lovely villa in Cyprus I would find it a task to return to wet and rainy UK!!!
Jay
Jay I did see the program we have Sky here, and I agree with you, a totally contrived show, we also have Catherin Gee sister as a member over on CL she had a lot of flack over this show, and big Sis did not like some of the replies.. cant think why :wink: also remember they did not return according to the members post!!
big Sis did not like some of the replies
Mine being one of them.
I thought she was being facetious when she said she was Ms Gee's sister.
Whoops!!! :wink:

Mark
:lol: life is full of surprises Mark...must admit it set me back on my heals too
I watched the next one in the series with the couple in Australia.. it was just as bad... whinging because its sunny at Christmas !!!
AskCy wrote:
sunny at Christmas
Is that a recent Australian innovation immigrees might not know about? :roll:

I'm 99.9999% certain I'm not related to that twit in the Australia programme!

Mark
Never say never...mate!! :lol:
That's the 0.0001% Jim! :wink:

We sort of share the same surname, but, as you can see by my sign-in name, mine is spelt correctly, not in the modern, b*st*rdised way.

Mark
Eh!! have I missed something Mark or is this heat getting to me.. :roll:
Apparently the Oz couple's surname was Edwards, mine's EdwardEs, but pronounced the same.
but either way, some people don't know when they have it so good...
Well said Ask Cy. :) :rofl

I only caught one programme, but anyone that can afford a 600K house in the lake district, is only in their 40ies, does not need to work and still sends their boy to an exclusive private school is not really living a 'normal style life by any standards either UK or Cypriot. ie Getting up going to work, earning a crust etc.

I think the only reason they went on the programme was that they were bored. :? The presenter had the right idea she actually suggested to the wife to get a job. LOL.

Doe
one would like to know what is this job I should ask my husband to buy?...

:lol:
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.