Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
Great idea fiona.
lets whats on offer when we go.

steve
hi all
must be lots on offer by all the posts......... :roll: :bhead
A excursion i will be taking several times a day is from my sunbed to the bar... :lol: :glynis
Dont do boats anymore :yuck
water park ....yes
like the seaworld/animalworld/zoo type centres :fish are there any there :?:

Steve
Hi Steve,

As far as I'm aware, the closest thing that you'll find to a 'seaworld'-type centre is this one in the outskirts of Varna.

Baldur
Wife and me went on the "Bulgarian night out" with First choice. All the travel companies do the same night.
Price, IIRC = £15 each
Got picked up by coach at about 5.30pm , drove off into the country. Stopped off at a "typical bulgarian house" glass of wine and photo op.
Carried on to the main night about another 50 minutes drive.
The night consisted of 3 course meal, and as much wine as you could drink,
red/white or rose. If you didnt like wine. you could have beer (but only 3 bottles for some reason) if you wanted more beer you had to pay for it.
Complete evening entertainment of bulgarian dancers and music, games for the kids and adults.
Obviously, its all set up for the tourist but its good value for the money.
Things are a bit sketchy from the evening cause i drank quite a bit of wine but we got back to the hotel about 1am.
I remember someone videoing the whole night and then you could buy a dvd the next day but I declined (i knew how bad i looked)
All in all a fairly good night out.
Thanks fitzy16 and Baldur.
The dolphinarium looks ok but as you say not quite seaworld,sure the kids would love it though.
Have done the usual "Nights" Turkish Greek Spanish . might as well add this one to the list.
Thanks for your posts
anymore ?
cheers all
Steve
Hi, Please do not do the Zoo in Varna, it is deplorable in the state of the few animals and cleanliness. It is halfway between the Plaza and the Dolphinarium. If you turn right at end of Plaza less than two hundred yards is the Aquarium, I have not visited but it is mainly in German and Russian, another 100 yards on is the Naval Museum a lot of which you can see from Outside, do not pay to go in. Tonyt,
I went to the zoo a few years ago, I would NOT recommend it to anyone.

There are lots of excursions from the resorts and they include different things,it all depends on what your interests are.

From GS you can visit Romania for one trip,also another visits the Danube.

Many of the excursions offered include several different stops, we went on one last year that included an agricultural museum, buffalo farm with yoghurt tasting, Shumen, Carving of the Madara horseman and a visit to a winery, after that things got a bit muddled (think it was the wine) all I can remember is that it was a 'Grand day out' and well worth the cost.

Patka
well I think you've sold that one to a lot of members Patka!! :lol:
Was the wine before or after the 284 steps to top of Madara Citadel. Cheers Tonyt.
A fantastic 2-day-trip ist Sofia - Rila Monastery:

1st day:

Start 7.00 am, driving to Plovdiv, the 2nd biggest town of Bulgaria. During driving to Plovdiv you see the balkan mountains. In Plovdiv seigtseeing and lunch. Plovdiv has a very nice historical city.

http://www.m-boettcher-online.de/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_27114/DSCF0065.JPG

http://www.m-boettcher-online.de/mediac/400_0/media/Bulgarienurlaub$202004$20018.jpg

After lunch driving to Sofia. First you visit the Memorial-Church "Alexander-Nevski-Cathedral". This church is a thanks for the russian soldiers, who made Bulgaria free from the occupation of the Turkey. After this visit you have 3 hours time for shopping, seightseeing, drinking beer,...

http://www.m-boettcher-online.de/mediac/400_0/media/Bulgarienurlaub$202004$20028.jpg

Driving from Sofia to Borovets. During driving you see the rhodopi, rila and vitoscha mountains. Borovets is wellknown for skiing. But at summertime there are not many people. May be the hotel is open only for you. There you get dinner and some drinks. But notice: They close early! So you better buy something to drink in Sofia.

2nd day:

Next morning you start to the Rila Monastery. First you visit a little monastery in Samokov. There spend Vasil Levski, the bulgarian national heroe, some nights.

And now you drive to the Rila Monastery. It is great. To see this monastery and the museum in it is a must.

http://www.m-boettcher-online.de/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_27114/DSCF0072.JPG

http://www.m-boettcher-online.de/mediac/400_0/media/DIR_27114/Urlaub2005-1$20038.jpg

After visiting the monastery you get a lunch. After it driving back to the Sunny Beach. There you will arrive late evening.

I made this trip 2 times. It is really great.
Sounds like a great trip, especially for those who want to see a different side of Bulgaria.
we are very interested on going on one of the boat trips from sunny beach/nessebar but is there any certain age a child has to be over for this trip? our son will be 4, will they take young children? please could i have some info on this and the trip itself. thanks debi
We did the boat trip from Elenite to Nessebar, There were babies on that so you should be ok with a 4 year old.
oooo boats again :yuck :no
love the sea but it dont like me :bawl
Bulgarienfan great post those pics look nice . :tup
Lets hear some more excursions please
Steve
Can anyone tell me if thet do all inclusive boats trips from Sunny Beach.Going at the beginning of august. Thanks in anticipation :)
Hi kilty,

There are boat trips/cruises - whether or not they are all-inclusive, I don't know, but I'm sure other posters will.
Hi Kilty, we went on a boat trip last year (Lazy Day Cruise) Steve from the Happy Duck/Tropicana pub/restaurant runs them. We had a brilliant day out. You had food and drink on board ie soft drinks and beer - although I actually thought there may have been wine would have preferred a glass of wine than a can of beer. All in all though it was a great day out. We stopped and they gave out fishing gear and the first one who caught a fish got a bottle of champagne, the kids loved the fishing. There was swimming etc. Really enjoyed it.

Moira
Thanks for that Moira,as first timers to Bulgaria we're not realy sure what to expect but from positive posts on this site it seems the vast majority of people that have holidayed there seem more than happy.When were you there,do you recommend and any tips for us naive travellers?...Just on subject of boat trips,are they an all day kinda thing and do boats have a double deck?....just in case the sun gets a bit too much and those drinks keep calling my name from a shaded area :? ......thanks again,Gerry
Hi Gerry from what I can remember i think you get picked up at your hotel around about 10am and taken to the boats which are in Nessabar. think you return to Nessabar about 5pm.They tend to put you on a boat that suits you i.e. families, couples, english speaking etc. Yes there is always a shaded bit, the one I was I on you walked up a few stairs and there were seating areas with a cover right over the top so completely shaded. You need it as it is very hot and you dont realise when you are out at sea. The food was fantastic. Another great night out is the Britz Village it is right in the centre of sunny beach, it is free to get in, all you do is pay for your meal which is very inexpensive, and they put on a great show, fire walkers, dancers etc. You will have a great time. Any other questions please just ask. Do you have any kids going with you?

Moira
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.