Bulgaria Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Bulgaria
SueMackey, I always have a taxi for a day out. This is an instance of Last June.

To Nessebar from Albena 4 x £25 or 72.50 lev each = £100 or 290 lev

Taxi 160 lev plus a tip of 20 lev, a saving of 110 lev or £38

Like previous poster you do it in your time. Our driver diverted off the main road to show us Kamchia and we were able to stop for photo's and refreshments were we wanted too. The driver allowed us up to 6 hours in Nessebar but we only used four. The Golden Rule get a Price First, do not pay the Driver until the end of the Journey. They tell me it is an insult to pay before the end. Cheers Tonyt.
Had a lovely evening out in Nessbur (old town) lots to see and lovely sea food restaurants along the coast next to the sea at the far end. we were made to feel very welcome.
Hi - having been to Sunny Beach for the last two years with Balkan, we have more or less exhausted their trips. Can anyone suggest something that is do-able and affordable by taxi for two people from Sunny Beach. Last year we did the Blue Mountains trip and went to a village whose name I cannot remember but it was very picturesque, so thinking about something like that and maybe a historical town. Thanks
Hi - following my post above and after doing some research it seems the village I visited before was Zheravna/Jeravna. I would really like to go back there because I had no where near enough time as I would have liked, perhaps stopping at Kotel and maybe the glass place to Sliven. Does anyone have any idea (ball park) how much this kind of trip would cost in a taxi? Thanks
Sunny Beach to Zheravi is around 145 kilometres each way, add on some extra for Sliven & Kotel plus the best part of a day's pay for the driver - you'd be looking at around 300 Leva for mileage alone at real Bulgarian taxi prices, probably significantly more with a resort taxi.

Baldur
cheers Baldur. Bit expensive! Do you have any ideas for a cheaper alternative?
Afraid I'm not a devotee of the South, so can't really help on alternatives.

Like other cities, you are bound to find that Burgas has scheduled bus & train services to many places, e.g. Sliven, Veliko Tarnovo, etc., but I don't know the frequency of those services.

Baldur
Thanks. To be honest I'm not that keen on taking the bus. I spend two stressful hours a day coming into London on public transport and it isn't something I fancy when I'm on my holidays! :D
I know the feeling, I still recall the pain from a couple of years ago, when I did this trip. :wink:

Baldur
LOL - I've been stuck on the Docklands Light Railway for longer than that :lol:
48 hours going to Varna was bad enough - the thought of the 48 hour return journey to London was much worse. :cry:

Baldur
I am starting to think about planning my holiday in Sunny Beach, we are going with the in laws so I want them to see as much of the area aspossible. Could anyone tell me what Khans tent is like, also other trips we can take them on ie blue mountain, is it beter hiring a car or going on an organised trip
We thought Khans tent was a good night out, and well worth seeing. In fact we are going again this year (we were there last year) I don't know about the Blue Mountain trip as we did not do that. The dolphin show in Varna was poor but Varna itself is worth a look. Likewise the jeep safari was not very good. We went to Bourgas in a taxi and will do again this year. Hope this helps a bit.
Paul

:lol: :lol: :lol: Roll on Sep 1st Going for 2 weeks :lol: :lol: :lol:
The website for Hanska Shatra/Khan's Tent is HERE.

Baldur
You must visit Khans tent, what a wonderful evening,
A good meal, great floorshow, and the bus there and back. I will post some pics in the gallery
welcome to ht davie :D Let me know when you've added the photos and I'll put the link to them on here!
Thanks Fiona,

I think the pics are here, the system wont allow me to put in the full link,

gallery/upload?page=2

Hope you can find it, if not let me know

Davie

These will be moved to the Bulgaria gallery eventually( once the gallery mod comes back from his holiday :D )
Thanks Davie
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.