France and Channel Hopping Discussion

Discussions regarding holidays and channel hopping in France.
Have also been told about Campanile chain as well. Your thoughts please
Campanile is quite 'cheap and cheerful', rated between 2* and 3*, suited to business men and stopovers. Novotel will be more expensive because it has a 4* rating (Accor), and often has a swimming pool. Ibis is the 2* member of the Accor chain, and is usually clean and does what it says on the tin. It offers early breakfasts (continental from 4-6 am and from 10-12 am) and a good cold breakfast from 6 to 10. I have never been disappointed with the Ibis hotels I've stayed in, and they do have a 'money back' offer if they can't fix a problem within 15 mins.

Please be aware that Rouen has a dastardly one way system ........... and you might find http://www.viamichelin.fr helpful to get you to your hotel without doing a tour of the ring road!
We stayed at the Campanile on our way to Charente and back again last year and were pleased with the hotel cleanliness the only downside was the area it was in, the hotel was behind a wire fence that had a locked gate at night to protect the cars parked there so not a bad thing.
Thanks for your replies, have booked the Ibis and have also spoken to a couple of people at work today who have also stayed in Ibis hotels.

Re one way system, will be using my TomTom, so hopefully it will navigate the one way system for me. Bit cross though, updated maps in Jan as were half price and then they went and released new maps in Feb. Hopefully the one way system is more than a couple of years old and will be covered.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.