America - Florida Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Florida.
Hiya

When we went a couple of years ago we booked it all with various people/operators.

Our flights we booked through First Choice, whom matched the internet prices that we were quoted :) They also matched the car hire quotes as well which was great.

As for our accomodation we booked that via one which was advertised via Holiday Truths although I see that they are no longer using HT to advertise there lovely villa.

It was cheaper for us to do it this way as there were nine of us on the booking in all :)
We also did the same when we went in 2009 booked flights wit Virgin Atlantic from manchester to orlando & then booked out hotel seperatley & stayed on international drive.. We saved quite abit of money doing it this way.. :D
Hi. That is great. However, I realise that you booked flights from Virgin/First Choice, but you never said where you booked, or got the prices to match for car hire or tickets etc. Any help would be appreciated.
Hello,

Booked flights online on virgin atlantics website.. they have sales on from time to time so you may get a good deal depending on when you want to travel etc.. we flew direct from manchester to orlando..
Booked hotel with hotelopia.. stayed on international drive at the quality inn international. had stayed there previously aswell..
We didnt hire a car as we used the public transport, found this to be cheap & convinient.. didnt really see the need to have car hire for us to be honest, we were happy to use the buses..
We also brought disney base tickets, from the ticket boothes at walt disney world when we arrived.. and also did the same for universal which we actually booked in the hotel reception & got sea world tickets at sea world entrance..
Have a look at attraction tickets direct though, may be of interest to you & i think i will be purchasing discovery cove tickets from there when it comes time for us to book orlando for next year for us.. :D
Hi

I did say in my initial post that I booked at First Choice themselves after getting an on-line quote first :) Again same with the hire cars. We used Hertz rent a car :tup

As for the accomodation again we found them through HT :)

The only park tickets we paid for on line were for Discovery Cove as we wanted to be able to pick our own day and time to be able to swim with the dolphins. It was a fanatastic day, and also something that I would do again when we return. The other tickets for the theme parks we bought over there as we had been told that it was actually cheaper to buy them over there as so many deals were to be had at the gates. We did find it cheaper doing it that way for the theme parks.

Good luck and I hope that you do manage to book it. When we went we had never been before and just kind of went with the flow and what we thought would be the best way to book :tup
Hi we went in aug this year.We booked our flights with thompson/fc it was an excellent flight.book early it's cheaper.I then booked 5 nights in st petes then 7 in orlando rosin inn plaza is a good place to stay.These i booked with travel republic.I booked our car with car hire 3000.No problems at all.Hope this helps any more info let me know :tup
hi, we went in june 2012 and booked flights with lowcostholidays then booked villa, minibus etc thru kingdom state villas
As has been said already, book it all independently. The only thing I'll add is don't spend hours and hours shopping around for chap park tickets, especially for places like Disney. They control it pretty well and you'll rarely save enough to justify all the time you spend looking. I am sure the other members could recommend a couple of good UK operators that may have diescounts on them etc.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.