Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
Does anyone have any ideas on compensation i.e how much I should really receive and who can I get in contact with as Thomas Cook are refusing to give anymore than £60 compensation for all the hassel endured on my Rio and Iguacu tour?
Funky
your holiday sounds very badly organised.

I'd recommend you get in touch with Ros Fernihough, she's a Travel Law Solicitor, and you will find her contact details in the post titled 'HOLIDAY COMPLAINT? READ HERE FIRST' which is just above your post.

Good luck with your claim for compensation.

Polly
Ros Fernihough can be contacted on the following number 01922 621114

I would certainly give her a ring to see what she advises.

Good Luck!

Kath HT Admin
it certainly sounds like a nightmare. It may be worth posting on the Other Destination forum as well to warn others who are thinking about this trip. Good luck with the compensation- what a shame you missed out on what should have been a brilliant experience.
Thank you to all those who responded, for you advice. I am not sure if Brazil is on the list of Other Destinations. If it is then I shall certainly put my review on there. Thanks again :D
Has anyone been on a similar tour, i.e. a 5-6 day tour of Rio and the falls, but with a different tour company? If so did you have to wait a long time in airports for transfers? Or did everything run smoothly?
I have still had no luck with Thomas Cook. They can't seem to get anything right. Ever since our nightmare tour they have been making mistake after mistake.

1) They thought that they had written to me when they hadn't.

2)They thought that we received our compensation at the resort. I would not be wasting my time complaining if we were happy to have accepted their offer of £60.

3) After my last letter to them they wrote a letter thanking me for writing to them on behalf of my client. I certainly am not a travel agent.

I can't believe how incompetent they are.
:arrow: :shock:

The other family that were on the tour, heard from Thomas Cook and they were told that the company would up their offer from £60 to £75. Wow :(

If I don't have much luck soon, then I would like to write to a top manager who is in charge of holidays and tours. I am fed up with so called executives writing to me and not being able to get anything right.

Does anyone know the name and address of a top manager of Thomas Cook or who would be the best person for me to send my letter of complaint to?
You might be better advised to contact Ros Fernihough, Solicitor on 01922
621114. She will offer you free impartial advice.

Kath HT Admin
Ring Ros - NOW.
She will give you free advice and tell you what to do next
Your holiday sounded like a bit of a nightmare. I am very interested in Brazil particularly Rio and the waterfalls. Would you recommend that I do my travel and hotels separately?
ensalad
I have sent you a private message. You will find your post was transferred to here
http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?t=85951
:D
Holiday Truths Forum
Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.