Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
Vivien-Marie wrote:
Chris wrote:
Ok, thinking aloud here. On the old HT you got a sunshine to denote a forum/thread with new posts, what if we look at doing the same? Would that make it easier for you to spot the new stuff? Obviously I havent discussed this with Phil yet, but he loves a bit of coding ;)

As long as it isnt yellow :D

I am thinking a shade of Grey.
hmmm.... could be a good advertising ploy- the website with 50 shades of grey- but for god sake don't make them all in the icons! :rofl
well I'm happy now,as suggested went to new posts and find it much better to view

Jeanie
jeanie wrote:
well I'm happy now,as suggested went to new posts and find it much better to view

Jeanie

Jeanie once you have viewed it that way you will probably never use another way (unless you are mega bored :rofl )

I couldn't beleive I had been on here three years before I worked out that was the easiest and quickest way to do it and ven then someone had to point it out to me. :rofl

Doe :sun2
doe wrote:
jeanie wrote:

Jeanie

Jeanie once you have viewed it that way you will probably never use another way (unless you are mega bored :rofl )

I couldn't beleive I had been on here three years before I worked out that was the easiest and quickest way to do it and ven then someone had to point it out to me. :rofl

Doe :sun2

it maybe OK if you want to check anything on any board, but I don't.
I LOOK AT WHAT I WANT TO LOOK AT.
never been to GOA, and don't want to, so why look at new posts on goa.
never been to lots of places and truthfully not bothered about looking at posts I've no interest in.
go to view new posts, scroll down till you then find what you want just in case you have an interest ..NAH...make new posts on site you want with a different outstanding colour...done...easy!!!

as in the example...very easy to see, straight to the "new posts"
Have to admit I find all posts interesting!!! maybe sad to some but if I have a specific question I then post it and look for replies in that section.
Find going straight to new posts very informative.
As I said "suits me"
Jeanie
I suspect loads that did look frequently and post havent bothered since the old HTs demise which for many was like the death of a close friend. That of course applied to the whole site rather than just this thread.

If they dont know its back they maybe will have moved on and are unlikely to look back. How you tell them its here is of course the interesting and challenging question !

Chris

ps the site is fresh and Im sure will continue to offer value to those willing to post news, ask their questions and get speedy accurate feedback for the Mods who do an great unpaid job.

I like it and hope that it will continue and be sustainable for some time to come. It will be interesting to see how the site moves forward to allow it to maintain its existance.
I think the main problem, and I hate to say this, is that if you want a question answering quite quickly you'll find most people are posting it on Trip Advisor! You get your answer usually within minutes. Sometimes you can ask the same question on here and be directed to a previous thread which has the answer in it somewhere amongst the 50 pages! (your question may then be closed) Or it can be days before you get a reply!
That's the truth of it. Shame really!

How to build this place back up? I have no idea!
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.