Spain - Canary Islands - Tenerife Discussion Forum

Discussions regarding holidays in Tenerife.
I'm finding they've all been fairly quiet for the last 4 weeks or so.
Maybe it's the holiday season!
Or, they've all been watching the Olympics....
You know, you're right and its down to us all to keep the forum/Tenerife section fresh and interesting.
I am happy to write a few recommendations for bars, restaurants etc that we have been to over the years but wonder if mods would consider having a separate heading for each restaurant etc then people could add their own reviews to each place?
It would also stop duplications of the same place a few months down the line perhaps from people who dont realise something has already been reviewed?
As it is the individual recommendation gets lost after a couple of pages - just a thought ....
PS, it also helps if people say exactly where each place is, not just PDLA for example, its a big area.
Frequent weather updates (from a local perhaps) are always good too in my opinion.
As I haven't been there before I am grateful for any help I can get.
kazd wrote:
Or is this a sign of the recession?

I think so. The Majorca & Canaries threads have been quieter than normal for the past year.
We tend to go to Tenerife in winter, so there's not much to ask in summer...
...mind you if it wasn't for the recession we'd probably be thinking about booking now (having got home from our summer holiday ;) )
so it MIGHT be a good time to ask questions
but we just don't want to commit ourselves to anything yet
I pass a lot on the board now, as it all looks to yellow and blue to me, and the new post you have to hunt for...not quick glance stuff...it was going to get looked at but don't know when.
my opinion is people don't realise "more" new posts are there, they still think its the ones they looked at last time.
NEW POST SHOULD BE A DIFFERENT COLOUR
I agree with ray 388
I go crosseyed looking for new posts
Have to say preferred the old format, new sight really puts me off

jeanie
Hi Guys,

Thanks for your feedback.

I think alot of the quietness has been from the excitement of the Olympics and people being away on holiday hopefully it will start to pick up again soon :)
There are several different icons depending on what it's trying to tell you, but mostly you will be looking for the empty speech bubble.

If you hover your mouse over the icons it will tell you what it is. I'll have a chat with Chris see if we can make new posts clearer.

There are still some "old" icons that we need to get rid of that I will try and look at over the course of this weekend.

Thanks again guys,
Phil
Guys, we won't be going back to the old look HT. It was dated and the old site was in poor shape, the code was struggling to cope with the size of the database. When Phil and I took it on, it was pretty much on its knees, which you all noticed by the increase in downtime the site was experiencing.

We do appreciate you all liked the way the site was before, however its time for a change. We are not saying the new site is perfect, in fact we are still experiencing some issues relating to the old website, however we are working hard to fix them behind the scenes and we would really like it, if you could hang on in there for us and show a little support, we are pushing through some more changes based on your feedback in the next day or too.

We do read and take on board everything you post but sometimes the negativity is a bit hard to swallow.
Chris
We do appreciate you all liked the way the site was before, however its time for a change. We are not saying the new site is perfect, in fact we are still experiencing some issues relating to the old website,

not complaining about the site Chris, and don't want it back to the old style...its only when it has a new post (sorry, I don't understand how you don't see what I'm on about)
quick glance the second one (red new post)...easy to see eh !!!
http://s9.postimage.org/9nwcvi99r/hard_look.jpg
free picture hosting

http://s12.postimage.org/scxltepr1/easy_look.jpg
photo hosting

ah!!! two new posts will check them, not the what does each yellow circle mean.
RAY
for those having problems identiying new posts- go to "view new posts"- top right hand corner. Even if you think you are only interested in this forum, you might be surprised to find other threads that will interest you. :)
Fiona wrote:
for those having problems identiying new posts- go to "view new posts"- top right hand corner. Even if you think you are only interested in this forum, you might be surprised to find other threads that will interest you. :)

and if you don't, what a waste of time....I'm not looking for surprises, I'm asking for easier viewing for everyone.
Well at least its made this an interesting thread.
I dont really have any negative issues, just pleased the forum is still going as I have been a member for a long time and this topic has made me realise we should all try to contribute a bit more?
Having said that I do agree with Ray that new posts showing in a completely different colour is a great help as I dont understand all the little yellow signs either (but that is a system used on most forums it seems)
I always click on "view new posts" when I log in. I don't have any problems with it.I find it easier to be honest. :tup
Me too :tup you can just look at the ones for the Tenerife forum if that is all you are interested in. It's so quick and easy, I couldn't beleive I hadn't been using it for years when I was told about it, bit of an eye opener for me.

:sun2
I never use the main index ,only ever view new posts :tup
Ok, thinking aloud here. On the old HT you got a sunshine to denote a forum/thread with new posts, what if we look at doing the same? Would that make it easier for you to spot the new stuff? Obviously I havent discussed this with Phil yet, but he loves a bit of coding ;)
I just look down the side at the date of the last post on a thread.
Chris wrote:
Ok, thinking aloud here. On the old HT you got a sunshine to denote a forum/thread with new posts, what if we look at doing the same? Would that make it easier for you to spot the new stuff? Obviously I havent discussed this with Phil yet, but he loves a bit of coding ;)

As long as it isnt yellow :D
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.