Holiday Complaints

Do you have a holiday complaint? For help and advice post in here.
UPDATE
28 days elapsed and another useless letter from TC saying they are still investigating!!
How long does it take to decide you sold the same seats twice and one needs a refund

Customer Service appalling - no telephone number or contact detai;s on any of their letters as they obviously want to be in charge!!
Here on HT we always advise that a letter should be sent via signed for/recorded delivery. This can be tracked online and receipt confirmed. Emails do have a habit of disappearing into cyber space. You have done that and also emailed them so it cannot be a case of not being aware of the problem

The TO is required by the code of practice to reply within 28 days. Of course what happens is they send an acknowledgement right on the limit, because of the manner in which the system works the clock starts all over again. In complicated cases that may be justified, but as you say yours is not. You have paid for and not received the goods or service. They are therefore in breach of contract.

I suggest that your next action should be a letter advising them that unless your are reimbursed within 14 days of receipt of your letter you will institute legal proceedings for breach of contract, reimbursement of monies paid, including legal expenses, and damages for stress caused by their failure to supply what was contracted. Whilst you have to give reasonable time for them to investigate you do not have to abide by the timescales laid down by them. You can set your own.

Don't know if you have read this topic;

http://www.holidaytruths.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=135246&start=0

But Mark, one of the HT mods is in the process of taking First Choice to court for failure to supply what was booked. You might find some useful info posted there.

fwh
Juat recd a letter advisng the seats I was allocated were extra legroom although they were row 1 and 2 agaisnt the bulk head and no refund will be given. I have printed the page from the Thomas Cook site advising extra legroom seats are at emergency exits!

But do have a telephone number for customer relations now which may help someone 08448798136 opening hours 9.00-5.30pm mon to friday.

I have written again enclosing the page from their website and requesting my refund again alon with a copy of the cabin reports submitted byu the crew which read on each flight confirming extra leg room seats were not delivered. Furthermore on both flights we were offered one or 2 free drinks to compensate us for not having the seats we booked

I used the free hour at a solicitors who has advised I need to sue through the small claims court as they did not fulfil their contract adn TC will be charged my costs. I don't care how long this takes I will get my refund!!
The amount of leg room you have is called the seat pitch, the seat pitch is the distance from where your bum goes to the furthest point directly in front.

This is an international standard used by all airlines worldwide from Air Newzeland to Thomas Cook. Legally they delivered what they sold, a seat with a larger seat pitch aka "extra legroom"

I don't work for Thomas Cook and please don't think I am defending them, this issue causes the same complaint the world over. Until there is another reliable way to measure all seats and their legroom this method will remain.

Good luck with your claim.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.