Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Regards to seat booking i have logged on to check my seats ( flight tcx8416 to larnaca 01/08/2012)

there are 159 seats on the plane and only 6 seats prior to us has been pre booked

this seems very low
a lot of people like myself and OH do not pre book seats, this to us is another form of extortion, holidays to Cyprus in particular are very expensive for what they are anyway [and yes we do go every 2 yrs]
Sunaddict wrote:
dezyboy
You don't have to add API before you prebook seat numbers. Are you using this link? https://www.flythomascook.com/RetrieveBooking.aspx

Hi sunaddict, thankyou for your response, i am using that link, i have just logged on and the only option i have is to fill out my API form or email my itinerary. I booked the flights through "on the beach", the option for inflight extras is there on their website, i proceeded to add additional luggage and prebook seats, as of yet this is still pending, five days later, and i have had no response from this company, through their manage my booking link. I did pay for these extras but as yet the money has not been taken from my account. I will leave it for a few days as there is no rush i travel in a month.
dezyboy, I would contact On The Beach and get them to book these for you.
littlebw wrote:
Regards to seat booking i have logged on to check my seats ( flight tcx8416 to larnaca 01/08/2012)

there are 159 seats on the plane and only 6 seats prior to us has been pre booked

this seems very low

I had this as well on a Thomas Cook flight to Sharm, i had ticked the do you want to select seats box by mistake (what a numpty) as I misunderstood something.

So having forked out the £45, I did this but didn't do it till about a week before travel and we were still right up the front, hardly anyone bothers. Not even on a 5 hour flight, everything is so expensive anyway and it's not like you aren't going to get a seat without doing it.

:sun2
Sunaddict wrote:

cheers sunaddict, onthebeach finally replied to message although it took nearly five days, they reckon it can take up to 7 days to process, adding your luggage and letting you prebook your seats!!
dezyboy18 wrote:
Sunaddict wrote:

cheers sunaddict, onthebeach finally replied to message although it took nearly five days, they reckon it can take up to 7 days to process, adding your luggage and letting you prebook your seats!![/quot

UPDATE ON THE ABOVE TOPIC

the prebooked seats we payed for, now have been prebooked, but not by ourselves, even though we are all together, its a bit prosumptious to assume that is what we wanted. In hindsight i wouldnt have bothered, nice to have been given the option as to were you would want sit.
I agree. OTB should have been on the phone to you whilst booking them, to check which seats you wanted, but as you say, at least you are altogether. Sometimes the down side to booking through a third party is that you don't maintain control over your booking.
Booked on Manchester to Las Vegas with Thomas Cook flight 3 October, trying to find seating plan, I am disabled but not in chair, can walk, hoping for knowledge of aircraft type and best legroom /seat width for group of 3. Also don't know situation/cost of premium cabin seats.
looking on track a flight website....it only flys on a wednesday and its a a330 aircraft...most legroom on them would be a seat by emergency exits...not sure if thomson charge for them wouldnt suprise me if they did..

heres a website of the plane,i would contact travel agent just in case if you need more leg room

http://www.airliners.net/aircraft-data/stats.main?id=26

average flight time just over 10hrs....need to be comfty

i think the seating is 2-4-2 put some planes are different...
smr2ley,

Welcome onboard :tup
MAN-LAS-MAN are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information including a link to the seat plan on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). Seating is personal preference, there are no 'best' seats. All seats other than extra legroom offer the same basic facilities. The premium cabin is no longer available outbound, it's extra legroom only.

Darren
I've just rechecked the seat plan of the aircraft operating our flight, and I chose 2A which was the first row in front of the bulkhead (Boeing 767), yet it's showing there is now a seat 1A. Has the configuration changed?
TCX_Flyer,

What are your flight details? We can't check without them.

Darren
TCX_Flyer,

MAN-IBZ-MAN (TCX2002/3) are still showing as scheduled to be operated by Boeing 767-31K/ER (winglets), no change to aircraft or configuration.

Darren
Thanks Dazbo, it was just the seat plan online showed 270 seats o/b and 260 i/b, yet as far as I was aware, they had 326 seats.
Can anybody tell me if the plane has change for tcx2822 man-dal-man 27th July and if it is a 767 with ife
Jasp36,

There's no change of aircraft and IFE information is on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). IFE is shown on the 76W's.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.