Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi, we're flying on this plane when we return from a cruise on 5/11/2016. I'm really confused about the seat plan. The one we've chosen our seats from, on the P and O Cruise Personaliser (9F and 9G) shows them to be a middle row, of 4 seats with a partition in front which looks like it has leg room. Although we didn't pay extra for this. There are 2 loos alongside this row, to the left. However on seat guru for this type of plane the layout is completely different. It shows a plane with downstairs loos (which has been the case on my previous TC long haul flights), and row 9 is directly behind row 8 - no partition. Any idea why there's such a difference in plans? And which is correct? I may need to change seats. If the P and O website is wrong.
P&O seat plan will be the correct one for the aircraft they have chartered. TCX A330s aren't all the same. Seat Guru only shows the original ex MYT A330s which as you say, have downstairs toilets. They also have 3 that don't have downstairs toilets. It appears P&O have chartered one of those.
Excellent! I think our seats are ok then. Thanks
Another question! So on reading up a little bit I now know that there is an air tanker 330 or non air tanker, I think! So, any idea is my plane one of these and, if so, which one? Thanks again
Thomas Cook Airlines have one A330 on lease from Air Tanker, but whether they've chartered it to P&O for that flight I don't know.
  • Edited by dave dee 2016-09-01 08:18:14
Im flying stansted to mco 6/08/16 and the seat plan is showing a 3-3-3 like their hi fly a330, but they tell me that its not a hi fly flight. The flight number is MT2928, if anyone can find something it would be much appreciated
We're on a flight to St Lucia from LGW with Thomas Cook a week later to pick up the Britannia, and I've booked premium seats. The Air Tanker aircraft to the best of my knowledge does not have a premium cabin; therefore if you go on your P&O Cruise Personaliser, and look at your flight details - if there is the option to upgrade to Premium Economy on your flight then it won't be the AirTanker aircraft that P&O have chartered. Not to say they wouldn't substitute it due to technical reasons, but hopefully that wont be necessary!
Hiya,

We have just booked my Son's wedding in Mexico. We fly out to Cancun from Manchester on the 26th November 2017 and back on the 11th December. There are 34 of us booked so far and we are going to book our seats together.

Could you possibly tell me which aircraft it will be and which window seats are blanked out.

Also will it be a Thomas Cook plane and what are these air tankers people are asking about.

Thanks
It will be an A330, but if you log into your booking it will show you the seating plan, and will also tell you if the flight is scheduled to be operated other than on a TCX own aircraft.
Hiya sunaddict,

I have looked on booking and it doesn't say what aircraft it just gives flight numbers MT2842 and MT2843.
There is a seating plan but it does not show window seats that are blanked out, just wondered if you knew which rows these were on.

It also shows the flight as 12 hours going out and 8 hours 10 on the return, surely this can't be right?
Many thanks
Their online plans don't tell you where the window blanks are. They depend on which A330 operates the flight. The seating plan shows you the planned layout, but booking so far in advance that will be subject to change, as will the flight times. If the plan is showing downstairs toilets then it's one of their original A330s and I think the window blanks are Row 15, and 10 and 29 may have part of a window (if any).

To me it looks like time out is showing as 11 hours and 9 hrs 10min inbound.
Hiya,
It shows economy starting at row 9 with 4 central XL seats. The toilets are on rows 28 29 and 30, these rows have 2 seats either side and 2 seats in middle next to toilet.
So would these have blanked out windows at 10 and 15.

Many thanks
Don't forget to allow for the time difference - all departure and arrival times will be given in local time not GMT. You need to know how many hours behind GMT your destination in Mexico is in order to calculate the flight times.
Flying TC MT560 Gatwick to Dalaman on Monday 19th June at 7.30am
can anyone please tell me which sector / flight it is completing before mine and the flight code
thanks
Hi I've book holiday to turkey on 6th Nov on MT 430 / MT431 and Thomas cook have said that 4 rows will be premium dose any one no how much it will cost and when are going how much it will cost and I am disabled so don't have a choice because I need the seats
Hi, before you pay the extra for a seat in Premium and unless you also want the extras that might go with being in Premium, I would suggest that you phone their passenger assistance number and and ask about medical seats, especially if you are registered disabled or have a Blue Badge. When flying with my Mum, she and a companion have been allocated these as long as we phoned passenger services in advance. If it is just about having extra room and/or easier access to your seat then you can sometimes be better off in a medical seat rather than those they charge extra for.
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.