Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Thanks Papa, I think I will get a external battery charger as well just go be on the safe side!
davies85

There is nothing unusual in airlines using aircraft from other airlines.

Avion Express will not be operating long haul. Your flight is scheduled on a TCX A330.. There's some stuff been posted you're best ignoring. Thomas Cook do not have any longhaul aircraft waiting refurbishment. Even if they were using a leased aircraft it would not lead to delays because it would scheduled and in the correct place to operate the flight.
Hello There,
When you go ahead and book your holiday, your airline/aircraft are subject to change at short notice. Sometimes it is nessesary to do this to keep flights operating on time. It does take time for Thomas Cook Airlines to refurbish the aircraft fleet, at the end of summer 2016, TCX Will have 4 A321'S Delivered to the airline. TCX are having to paint the new Livery on to the new aircraft/ aircraft in the existing fleet. They also need to refurb the aircraft, Please bear with TCX to complete these works on the fleet as at the end of the day, this will benifit passengers!, btw im not affiliated with tcx
  • Edited by AlexJK 2016-06-03 17:56:49
None of that has got nothing to do with the flights that davies asked about. All the A330s have been refurbished.

They received 4 A321s earlier this year, and they're all operational. There are no more on order. All the A321s have been refurbished.

TC always lease aircraft from other airlines. It's got nothing to do with refurbishment. It's just to enable them to offer more routes/flights.
Looks as if Thomas cook are having issues with serving its Punta Cana service (MT386) leasing Hi Fly aircraft, now delaying for over 24 hours! Does anyone have any ideas why this is happening and what TC are doing to avoid any further issues?
HiFly have only operated that route once on 16th May as far as I know, and it had a short delay. TC do lease a HiFly aircraft for GLA-MCO and STN-GLA during the high summer season. It's not operating for them yet though. MT386 has had no long delays before today.
Hi

I'm due to fly Belfast to Arrecife on 21/7 with Thomas Cook. AFAIK I will be travelling on a A321 - 200. Can anyone confirm if normal standard single pin headphones will work with the IFE, or will I need to purchase the 2 pin adaptor/headphones etc.

Thanks
modoc,

You'll need a 2 pin adapter.

Darren
Hi Darren

As always thanks for your help, in this case in advance.

We are travelling on TCX2496/MT2496 on 29 June (next Wednesday, Manchester to Lanzarote. When we booked it was down to be a B767. However, on checking today they have changed our seats (separated us at either end of the cabin and no message from them - not unusual for Thomas Cook in my experience!!) and the plane looks now like an A330 - is this likely to be one of their own planes or the Air Tanker? Thanks again

PS - the return on 6 July is still down as a B767 - from your information is that so?

Malcolm
The seating plan is showing the 29th as an ex MYT A330 with a premium cabin.
Thanks Sun Addict. When I re-chose our seats I chose seats on front row which were not shown as premium or extra leg room seats but an all economy cabin. So would the change of plane be because of maintenance to the B767? It is still down as a B767 for the return on 6 July.

Also - if it is the plane you suggest, is it one with downstairs toilets (we flew to Las Vegas on one a few years ago)?

Thanks in advance
I've no idea why they've changed the aircraft. Have you logged into your booking to check the plan again for the outbound, because their website is definitely showing an ex MYT 2-3-2 in the front cabin with downstairs toilets, and the inbound as 767. Try doing a dummy booking on TCX website and it will show you the seating plans for the aircraft that are currently scheduled to operate those flights.
Thanks SunAddict

It is confusing. I have done a dummy booking and when you come to select a seat it is showing (on TC airlines website as an all economy cabin from row 1 back) with the word 'economy' at row 1, and the cost of booking a seat there the same as elsewhere on the plane. However, the seat plan on TC airlines website is exactly the same as the one on Seat Guru which shows it as a premium economy cabin for the first 7 rows. Maybe they are treating it as an all economy seat plan but having the extra leg room for those in the front 7 rows free
It's a short haul flight so they don't have a premium service. It's all economy service. It's a late change and would cause complications if they started to charge extra for seats that people have already booked.
Brilliant. Thanks again SunAddict for your help. I think I now understand

Malcolm
Thanks for the info.
Hi

Anyone know where the plane will have arrived from before going to Lanzarote tomorrow morning. The plane has been changed to A332 from B767 and only one I can see is TCX2149 from Heraklion due in at 00:35

Thanks in anticipation
Malcolm
Hi, I am flying from Manchester to Tenerife on 17/08/16 flight number MT2428. will this be a Thomas Cook plane (the MT reference is confusing us slightly).

I am traveling with my partner and 4 year old daughter so I have booked row 13 seats C-E (one of the only rows on the plane with 3 seats). however I have since read on various reviews that these seats get really cold due to ventilation and people are constantly in the vicinity due to the toilets, does anyone know if this is true? lastly do the arm rests go up in this row? I am only asking as it is a night flight and our daughter will be asleep.

cheers
Hi there.
Can anyone tell me when TC change from their Summer to Winter IFE and if it's possible to download a copy of the in flight magazine? I'm flying from Glasgow to Holguin in October.
Thanks.

David
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.