Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
:wave: booked for october and tried to do the api on the web and couldnt do it. anyone know if its too early to do this or reason for not letting me ?? also what are the movies you have to pay for if there's no ife's on board?and booked the "bundle" for the family (seats,meals and xtra baggage) noticed some seats are already gone for my flight when you look into it you have to pay £5(ive already paid for bundle)so how do i prebook seats??very confusing :que
beermat,

I never had a problem when I did it the other month. Make sure you're using the correct flight number (some they quote need a 0 adding or K / L, although numbers are changing from May so that shouldn't be a problem for you). If you are on a narrow bodied aircraft with no IFE, you can hire hand held players (PSP's) with pre-loaded movies. These are changed regularly and are published in the inflight magazine. Have you pre-booked seating together? If you want to book actual seat numbers, that's an extra cost.

Darren
Are you able to tell me the plane operating Manchester to Las Palmas TCX433K 31/01/11? Father in law has asked me to try and find out.

Thanks
fazza994,

MAN-LPA-MAN (TCX433K/L) are operated by a Boeing 757-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
Early days yet , flying TC for the first time in august to zante and would like to ask do all thomas cook planes have the belly cams .this sounds quite exciting to watch and might see more than just looking out the window
Llindy,

Only the Boeing 767-31K/ER's (G-DAJC, G-TCCA/TCCB) and the former My Travel Airbus A330-200's (G-MLJL/MDBD/OMYT) have the flight cameras fitted. They make for excellent viewing, especially the ones on the 76W's that are positioned just to the rear of the main landing gear (MLG) so you can watch the tyres burn rubber on touchdown. It's amazing the stresses the MLG's cope with when 100 tons of aircraft come down to earth. The A332's have a camera that points down and one pointing forward for a pilots eye view. Your flights won't be operated by these types though unfortunately as they are normally a Boeing 757-200 to ZTH.

Thomas Cook are the only charter airline to offer the flight cameras. Bmi had them on their A332's but these are no longer around after the Lufthansa take over. Some Airbus A340's and the A380 have tail cameras, fitted to the top of the vertical stabiliser looking down over the whole aircraft. These make for excellent viewing too. Flight cameras are an excellent addition, especially to wide bodied aircraft as the central section of the cabins don't have the oportunity to look out the window and see what's going on. The cameras provide this.

Darren
thank you darren for your reply , oh well nothing wrong with looking out the window
Hi,

Flying Belfast to Larnaca (TCX8128/9) in July. Anyone know what aircraft it will be???
thanks for the info dazbo will try again with what you said. we've paid £30 each for extra luggage,meals and supposedly prebooking our seats. told to book two months before holiday but seats have already gone :que
EI-BFS,

Welcome onboard :tup
I'm mobile so I cant check at the moment, but it'll be a Boeing 757-200 (most likely) or Airbus A320-200 . I'll confirm it in the morning for you. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

EDIT: It's a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
:( tried it no luck with either 0 or K/L. a lot of the front seats are already booked for my return journey(like seats 1-10,at the front) only rows 5,6,7 avail. and by the time i go to prebook i bet they're gone :offtop don't see the point of "the bundle" if you can't get the seats you want :que seats going are rows 4-7 i think ...watch this, they'll be gone too when iv'e been told to book :(
Hi,
I have just booked a holidady with Thomas Cook to Santa Clara (Cuba). We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 small children. Flights departing from Manchester to Santa Clara on the 4th June and back on the 18th June- TCX812/TCX813.
When I booked the holiday yesterday, I ask the branch manager what was the configuration of the plane as I did not wanted to have the family split.
She said she was certain that it was 2-4-2, she even show me a seating plan. She did said that the plane could be change at the last minute.

I have been looking online and it looks like the seating plan is 3-3-3. Can anybody confirm this for me?. We also tried to updgrade but now is not possible.

I am quite worried as travelling with two small children in such a long flight is always difficult. We have always choosen the the 2 and 2 as me and my husband can seat with one child each.
Has anybody been on this type of aircraft before or been with thomas cook before? It will be the first time for us as we usually fly with Thomson.
I would appreciate if Darren or somebody could give me as much information as possible. Is there anything i can do to get 2 and 2 seats. We have paid to choose our seats.
Many thanks
Gema
Hi Darren , flying GLA to SFB 14th May . Could you tell me what type of airplane it will be with seating config and will it have IFE ?

Many thanks : )
caroled,

GLA-SFB-GLA are operated by an Airbus A330-200. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

Darren
soldemar,

Welcome nboard :tup
Long haul flights are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seating plans. The A332's are configured 3-3-3 for the most part. It's the Boeing 767-300/ER's that are configured 2-4-2. These are used for short haul and as repatriation aircraft if an A332 has a technical problem. You'll find many posts from people who have flown with TCX on this aircraft type before, including myself. I've been across the pond many times on them and will be doing again in 5 weeks! If you want two pairs of seats, you might want to look at the rear 5 rows of the aircraft that are configured 2-3-2 due to the fuselage narrowing. Book quickly though as these are quite popular.

Darren
Dazbo HT Mod wrote:
EI-BFS,

Welcome onboard :tup
I'm mobile so I cant check at the moment, but it'll be a Boeing 757-200 (most likely) or Airbus A320-200 . I'll confirm it in the morning for you. You'll find further aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below).

EDIT: It's a Boeing 757-200.

Darren

Hi Darren,

Excellent, thanks for letting me know. Does this include IFE?? So is TCX basing a B752 in Belfast for the Summer (May-Oct) ???
EI-BFS,

Narrow bodied aircraft don't show IFE now.

Darren
hi we are travelling from manchester to goa on 20th feb and was just wondering whether our flights tcx095k have the ife in each headrest or not.

thank you
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.