Flight Only / Airline and Airports

Discussions relating to flight only, airlines and airports.
Hi there,

I am due to be flying out on a charter flight to meet P&O Azura in Barbados on Sat 5th Feb flying from EGKK to BGI TCX045L/K (on return). We are flying Premium could you advise what movies will be available and will it be on-demand so we can start and stop or will it just run through the film?

We flew Thomson last cruise and the Premium was very good, so hoping for the same with Thomas Cook especially as its for our honeymoon!

Kind Regards
Elliott
cookster1978,

Welcome onboard :tup
You'll find extensive aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including a link to Thomas Cooks inflight magazine where IFE details are listed. Only one of TCX's A332's (6) have on-demand IFE (G-TCXA). The remaining aircraft are a looped system.

Darren
Hi Darren,

Thanks for the reply, can you tell me if that particular aircraft will be used on this charter flight on 5th Feb from EGKK to BGI?

Regards
Elliott
cookster1978,

I don't have that information, you'll need an insider to know that this far in advance. I should know what's operating your flight the afternoon before though. G-TCXA is operating out of Gatwick at the moment, it's on it's way back from Holguin, Cuba (TCX071L).

Darren
Hi Darren, Flying to Fuerteventura in October with Thomas Cook

19th Oct MAN - FUE 07:15

TCX2142

Thankyou

Jamz1107
jamz1107,

I take it you're after aircraft type? MAN-FUE-MAN (TCX2142/3) are listed as a Boeing 757-200.

Darren
Just back so thought I'd post a quick review of our flights since there seems to be a lot of negativity about TCX

The price:- 2 adults Glasgow - Fuerteventura return, including 1 hold bag and in flight meals on both legs - £203, hard to beat , even on Ryanair. (No doubt someone will post a cheaper price but I chose these flights for their timings rather than the price).

On both legs we took off and landed on time, in fact landing 10 minutes early on the flight out.

The seats were as comfortable as any other 'plane seats, the meals were as good as any in flight meals I've had.

Service in flight for drinks etc, was fine.

All in all the flights were as expected.

BTW, Darren just to be pedantic, it was a Boeing 757 - 300 :)

So TCX get the thumbs up from me. :tup
robertk wrote:
Just back so thought I'd post a quick review of our flights since there seems to be a lot of negativity about TCX

The price:- 2 adults Glasgow - Fuerteventura return, including 1 hold bag and in flight meals on both legs - £203, hard to beat , even on Ryanair. (No doubt someone will post a cheaper price but I chose these flights for their timings rather than the price).

On both legs we took off and landed on time, in fact landing 10 minutes early on the flight out.

The seats were as comfortable as any other 'plane seats, the meals were as good as any in flight meals I've had.

Service in flight for drinks etc, was fine.

All in all the flights were as expected.

BTW, Darren just to be pedantic, it was a Boeing 757 - 300 :)

So TCX get the thumbs up from me. :tup

Good review, as it seems people are over expecting what service/seat pitch etc you receive on chareter flights!!
robertk wrote:
BTW, Darren just to be pedantic, it was a Boeing 757 - 300

The flying pencil! I'm glad you had a great time. Thanks for the feedback.

Darren
hi
just done pre booked seats with thomas cook airlines
said we get free internet check in along with this
flkying from glasgow is this available with thomas cook from glasgow
thanks
It is available to anyone that has paid for your seat your choice, so yes, it is available if flying from Glasgow.
Hi Guys,

We are flying out from MAN-POP on 26th March Flight TCX062K :cheers

Would you be able to let me know the craft type of this flight?

We have pre booked seats online showing a config of 2-3-2 at the back, we have booked the 2 as the last flight we had my other half got elbowed the whole of the way through it.

Just a bit worried we may have wasted our money now.

Thanks For Your help

Emma
mrshurt86,

MAN-POP-MAN (TCX062K/L) are operated by an Airbus A330-200. I'll have just got back from PUJ before you jet off! You'll find lots of aircraft information on our What Aircraft? guide (link below). The 2-3-2 seats at the rear are quite nice. I've sat in them many tines, not only with TCX, but with other airlines. If you're travelling as a couple, the pairs are nice as you don't have anyone else next to you. The only disadvantage is you have cabin crew performing their duties in the galley behind so you do get a little extra noise and them walking up and down the isle, but I must say it never bothered me. I'm sure you'll be more more than happy with your seat selection.

Darren
hi there,new to this site,

can anyone tell me good seats on flights manchester to barbados on TCX 86K, picking up p and o azura on 18.3/11,also any inflight entertainment on board.

many thanks
Thanks for the info i'm really happy with my seat choice now a bit of noise wont bother me as i've got my noise reduction headphones and i dont ever sleep on the plane :D

I cant wait!!!!!
jessejames ,

Welcome onboard :tup
Your flights are operated by Airbus A330-200. You'll find extensive aircraft informaton on our What Aircraft? guide (link below) including seat plans, aircraft photos and a link to TCX's inflight magazine where the IFE is listed. There aren't any 'best' seats, it's very much personal preference. All seats in their respective cabins offer the same seat pitch and facilities, so it's whatever you prefer.

Darren
Holiday Truths Forum

Post a Reply

Please sign in or register an account to reply to this post.

Sign in / Register

Holiday Truths Forum Ship image

Get the best deals!

from our cruise, ski and holiday partners

You can change your email preferences at any time.

Yes, I want to save money by receiving personalised travel emails with awesome deals from Holiday Truths group companies which are hotholidays.co.uk,getrcuising.co.uk and getskiing.co.uk. By subscribing I agree to the Privacy Policy

No, thank you.